So.... What's the point, MDX?

Cmdr_Crimson

Ever since they changed the whole password situation it had some problems. But after calling Disney in regards to this and got it figured out it works okay...

Rob562

I'm still trying to figure out why I can see everything in my account (friends, Bands, Cards, past reservations, etc) when logging in under the MDE phone app, but none of those things are listed under my account when logging in on the website.

-Rob

Irie

Quick, simple question here....

What exactly is the point of the MDX app if it doesn't work? we're two years into this and it still doesn't work right.

Why are we still forcing this?
What kind of issues are you having? I haven't had any issues. Maybe I'm just lucky. FWIW, I have an android.

HolleBolleGijs

I'm still trying to figure out why I can see everything in my account (friends, Bands, Cards, past reservations, etc) when logging in under the MDE phone app, but none of those things are listed under my account when logging in on the website.

-Rob
That might be the default for the app, I'm pretty sure there's a drop-down menu on the website where you can specify if you want past trips to show up.

Rob562

That might be the default for the app, I'm pretty sure there's a drop-down menu on the website where you can specify if you want past trips to show up.

Nothing to do with past trips. It's like it knows nothing about me. I click Friends and Family and it says I don't have any, and it gives options on how to connect to friends.
On the app it properly shows the 6 or 7 friends I'm connected to plus the 3 or 4 sub-profiles I manage of friends who don't have their own accounts.

I have 4 Bands and 3 Cards under my account that don't show up on the site.

-Rob

Last edited:

cdeev8690

The app has worked pretty well for me (iPhone 6 user, always using up-to-date iOS and recent app updates), besides a crash here or there. Nothing out of the ordinary. What could improve my experience is the in-park wifi. Although, I'm thankful that free in-park wifi exists, it is extremely sluggish likely due to the large quantities of users utilizing it at the same time. If Disney puts in more hotspots to boost the signal, that would make me a very happy girl.

Make sure you have the most up-to-date operating system on your phone, also make sure your app is the most recent version. I'm not an expert on all things smartphone but I know at least with Apple iPhone, if you have, let's say an iPhone 5 or older, these apps won't work very well on your phone as you won't be able to receive the most updated versions of the operating system and the corresponding apps that are optimized to work better with the newer operating systems. This is obvious tech stuff, but if you keep up with the updates, you should have less problems with the app.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Be sure that you only have ever a single user profile associated with your account. A change they made on the back end in November which also forced you to update your password to new standards for the website also picked a random one of your Disney/ESPN/Go/Disney Movie /Disney Interactive profiles as your default. Mobile app will work as normal, but you have to call in to technical support to get the website corrected.

Ben_since_1971

Only issues I had my last trip were plans not loading, but I believe it had more to do with wi-fi issues than app issues. When I shut off wi-fi everything seemed to go fine.

DizneyPryncess

I have had issues making reservations on it, and viewing my FP+ correctly. Sometimes it works great, other times not so great. I have an Android also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom