So We're Surprising The Kids!!

dixiegirl

Well we always wanted to see disney around the christmas season just to see the decorations and all the special events that take place during nov and dec..and we just came back in september, so going again that close would be crazy....well we recently became DVC members so we looked into different flights for good prices but nothing..yesterday southwest has the 99 deals going on..well needless to say we're GOING BACK!!!! yeah we are nuts..but the prices we're great....mother-inlaw is buying our disney tickets for the xmas party.....and with us being dvc members its relatlively inexpensive..But we're not telling the kids till we wake them up to go that morning....every day since we've been back our youngest who's 3 has been asking to go back to disney(she wants to beat zurge as and give rella a big hug) so our oldest who is 6 will be missing 1 day of school...not too bad.....we leave early on dec 15 7:45am get there a little after 10am have all that day , sat and most of sun cause our flight is'nt till 8:30pm..ohhhh so excited sorry to have rambled on....Last nite I coul'nt sleep......TOO EXCITED!!!!! Anyway how is it around that time of year crowd wise?? weather and such....and tips or suggestions feel free!!!!THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!..wooohooo we're going back!!!

you know what the sad thing is....there are certain people I really don't want to tell because I really don't feel like hearing the crappy lines of" UH, there again?" and the "don't you get seick of "that " place..."? NO NEVER....I LOVE IT!!!!!!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Ok another question....it it possobly to see the osborne lights at mgm and see illuminations in the same nite?? Are there certain time that the lights are on?? thanks guys..

Upvote 0

pacochran

I'm sure you can see both. The lights an MGM I believe are on at 6pm and the park (unless EMH) closes about 7pm (at least that's the times when we are there at the end of THIS month). Illimunitations doesn't start till I believe 9:30, so you would have plenty of time to take the boat over to epcot.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Cindyrella

dixiegirl- I think it's great you're going back! Have a fabulous time. I know EXACTLY what you mean about not wanting to tell some people. Santa is surprising our kids (5,2) with a trip to WDW. We're leaving 1/1. I was at WDW, with the kids, in early October. People think I'm nuts. Since my husband has been on Nursing school, he has missed alot of family things. Well, he graduates on 12/22 and, instead of a party with alot of people, we have decided to do a trip to WDW with just the four of us. We are so excited - the kids will be too when they find out we are going to WDW and Daddy is going too!
Have a GREAT time. I have been there in December and it is beautiful. MVMP is so much fun.

Upvote 0

maharet97a

Be sure to have your camera ready when you tell them. We surprised our friends' kids with a trip to DLR in Oct. We told them that they were going to a relative's house for the weekend until we got them in the car to go that morning. We got some great pictures of the looks on their faces when we told them. Congratulations to your hubby and have lots of fun :) .

Upvote 0

ljs1691

We are doing the same thing! We told the kids (ds 9 and dd 7) that we are going to the mountains. They know we have been planning our first family vacation together so we had to tell them something. So without really telling a lie, we just thought hey, the mountains work, there are several in WDW.

We are going to drive through the night so hopefully not long after they wake up, we will be there. I can't wait to see the look on their faces. I LOVE surprises.

Dixie and Cindy - Hope you guys have a blast!!! Only 21 days for me, woo hoo!

Oh, the only thing I can say about the weather during December is be prepared for anything. You may get lucky enough for shorts during the day but need a sweater at night. The cooler weather makes it feel more like Christmas to us.

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

We're doing the same thing, too! Our APs ended in June. We made four visits from Kentucky in a year. Since we've visited so much and because we're visiting DL next summer, we decided that we weren't going back to WDW until probably 2008. But an amazing friend gave us a free week in an Orlando timeshare (not Disney :( ). So we're picking up the kids on the last day of school before Christmas break, share the exciting news as were driving away, and will head south immediately. My kids are six and four and constantly talk about WDW so this will be a thrill for them.

We won't be flying but we will be arrive there a day or two after you, dixiegirl. WDW at Christmas is our favorite time of year to go. Last year was our first Christmas there and we are excited beyond words to get to go again this year.

Upvote 0

Yanks07

Hey Dixie, That is awesome. Suprise them while you can. I tried to suprise my 2 boys for a holiday trip. With jobs and college I had to tell them so we could plan around their schedule. Have Fun!

Upvote 0

TrentMom

..But we're not telling the kids till we wake them up to go that morning....every day since we've been back our youngest who's 3 has been asking to go back to disney(she wants to beat zurge as and give rella a big hug) so our oldest who is 6 will be missing 1 day of school...not too bad.....we leave early on dec 15 7:45am get there a little after 10am have all that day , sat and most of sun cause our flight is'nt till 8:30pm..ohhhh so excited sorry to

!!!!!!

Awesome. Your kids are going to be so excited.

My friend surprised her kids with a trip to Disney World back in August. She was originally not going to tell them til they were in the car driving to"hershey Park", the place she told them they were going.

Then, she decided to tell them the weekend before. Boy was she glad she did that. Her daughter was so excited, that she peed her pants. Can you imagined if she did that in the car......LOL

Have a great time!!!!

Upvote 0

wjaye918

We did this too! It was awesome but a lot of secret work for me.
My husband had a new job in VA. We lived in LA. I stayed in LA to finish my Master's Degree @ SELU. He had been gone for 3 months and it was very hard being apart. We decided to meet in WDW the first week of December. Our girls were 5 and 9. I told them that we were going to VA tovisit Daddy. They did not find out until we "bumped" into Dad at MCO. It was awesome and they were so shocked. They thought we just had a layover in Orlando. They even mentioned how sad it was to be in Orlando and not to be able to go to WDW. I felt so bad, but didn't want to ruin the surpirse before Dad's flight arrived.

Have a great time! I have wonderful memories of this trip and I hope my girls do too!

Upvote 0

BigOlKid

We did the surprise thing for our kids last Sept. We will never forget it and neither will they!! We cant talk about wdw around my inlaws because their idea of a vacation is wal-mart.(with the optional drive-thru dining plan.) We'll be there about a week b4 u. Have a great time!!
:xmas:

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: We are leaving for the most magical place on the EARTH in 11 days, and I have the same thing. I have a friend here I havent told yet cause she is gonna say exactly that...again?? Havent you seen everything yet? Why dont you go somewhere else? DUH. There IS no place else, silly. woo hoo!! we're coming Mickey!! cant sleep!! yaaay!!:xmas: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

MSTINKHERBELL01

Wonderful! You'll have a blast! We visit once sometimes 2x a month and we never tell our son until we wake him up as we enter the Disney World entrance. You would think he's get it by now....:hammer: . He thinks we are going to see grandma since she live 1.5 hours from Disney and 2 hours from us. I agree with the person that suggested you snap a pic of the childrens reaction..priceless! Listen, don't worry about the 3 days..plenty of time to see what you want and have a magical time!:xmas:

Upvote 0

marypoppins68

Ok another question....it it possobly to see the osborne lights at mgm and see illuminations in the same nite?? Are there certain time that the lights are on?? thanks guys..

Yes, it is possible. I"ve done this twice now. Go to MGM first and see the lights, then you can walk or take the boat over to Epcot and see Illuminations. Illuminations doesn't start until 9:30pm so you have plenty of time to see both.:xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom