So much for romantic......

Pooh88

I just got back from what was probably my 7th trip to Disney. My husband and I were celebrating our 10th anniversay and had heard the Wilderness Lodge was considered one of the most romantic resorts. Was that with or without the hundreds of screaming toddlers :hammer: or the Whispering Canyon Cafe doing the Hokey Pokey? Don't get me wrong, I love kids and taught for twelve years its just that I was hoping that the first week in November would be a quieter week!

Sherm00

When we went on our honeymoon we staied at the dolphin. there were kids but not as many as some of the other disney resorts. I would assume the grand floridian would be one resort that didn't have too many kids.

Upvote 0

Pippa

When I was at WDW last week I saw parents actually making their young kids sit in the trees by Belles garden in front of the castle to see Spectromagic!!!! That garden is railed off anyway!!!
I really don't know whats up with some parents.

Upvote 0

Djali999

Whispering Canyon is one giant cacaphony, but they DO offer a "library" outside the main restrauant (it overlooks the pin cart, lol) that is quite serene. just ask for it. Mom had a headache one day and wasn't gonna put up with any hobby horse races. =)

Upvote 0

DVCMommy

I've seen the types of parents you guys are talking about, and we promised ourselves we wouldn't be like that with our kids. I figure; give in once and pay twice later.

Upvote 0

Lilo

I have taken my son four times. I know about meltdowns and wanting to be just with my husband with no children. My suggestion for a quiet dinner with no children was at the restaurant on top of the Contemporary (Cali Grill) after 8 p.m. (maybe around 8:30 or so). Make as late as a dinner reservation as possible anywhere. Also the Yachtsman Steak House at the Yacht Club was more adult oriented than some of the other restaurants in that area (Beaches 'n Cream). As far as property goes, maybe the Boardwalk or Dophins or Swans. More money, less parents with children.

Upvote 0

Pooh88

Original Poster
I have stayed at the Dolphin. Twice in fact. We didn't stay there this time because of all the conventioneers. I felt like I was on a business trip. As for finances, I don't think it matters. The Wilderness is a Deluxe resort and there were more small children there than any other resort I've stayed at including the All Star.
:veryconfu

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom