So Many People going in September

Sunshineglow68

I thought that September was one of the slowest months to go to WDW so I booked my reservations for Sept. 24-28, well in looking at the Trip Counter, there are 146 trips schuduled for September. That is a lot more than most of the other months. What's up with that?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is not such thing as "slow months" at WDW any more. Disney has done a very good job at using promotions to fill in the attendance valleys that use to exist. Epcot's 30th anniversary also occurs on 10/1/2012 causing quite a few people on this site to travel at the end of September.

Upvote 0

ml123_9

The secret is out on September being slow. With September being free dining, the attendance keeps increasing. The week you are going isn't that bad, we've gone that week 2 out of the last 3 years. Around the weekend is busy, but Tues, Weds, and Thurs seem to be a little more empty.

Upvote 0

draybook

Yeah, the secret is out. In 2008 we went for the first time and it was a ghost town. Most attractions and rides were walk on, if not then 5-10 minutes max. Of course the BIG stuff was maybe 20-25 minutes except TSMM. The heat was nasty, but I'd take the heat any day to go back to those crowd levels.

Upvote 0

MVP Heather

The last week of September the crowds pick up because it is usually the beginning of the Food and Wine festival. Last year it was much busier because of F&W, Wine and Dine Half Marathon and the WDW 40th Anniversary all within the same week/weekend. The free dining offer has everyone wanting in on the action. This year, the W&D half marathon moved to November.

Upvote 0

dave&di

Yeah, the secret is out. In 2008 we went for the first time and it was a ghost town. Most attractions and rides were walk on, if not then 5-10 minutes max. Of course the BIG stuff was maybe 20-25 minutes except TSMM. The heat was nasty, but I'd take the heat any day to go back to those crowd levels.

We also went in 2008 and pretty much had the parks to ourselves! We next went in 2010 and noticed the crowds were bigger BUT still managable. Hopefully this will be the case this Sept, if lines are any longer than 25 mins I won't bother, I've never had to wait longer than this at the parks. I don't have the patience! :eek:

Upvote 0

bethymouse

Hoping...

Gosh- I was hoping the crowds would be much more manageable in Sept since school's back in session! Here's hoping to light crowds the week of Sept. 23-29!:eek:

Upvote 0

nngrendel

You also have Labor day at the beginning of Sept. I hope that most crowds from that holiday leave shortly after our arrival. If not I am not worried about it. I have been in June, Aug, and Oct and its crowded. No stranger to crowds. Just gotta not let it get to ya.

Upvote 0

dave&di

You also have Labor day at the beginning of Sept. I hope that most crowds from that holiday leave shortly after our arrival. If not I am not worried about it. I have been in June, Aug, and Oct and its crowded. No stranger to crowds. Just gotta not let it get to ya.

We get there Labor day evening, being from England I don't know how important this is! Do you expect things to still be busy in the evening? We'll be checking in at the GF around 8pm, I hope the resort won't be too busy! Won't everyone be on their way home by then? I'm guessing it a normal working day on the Tuesday. :eek:

Upvote 0

Kev1417

we typically go the first 2 weeks every september. the weekends are a little busy but the weekday crowds are nothing. longest wait is 20-25 mins. typical 45 min for pan. that time of year as gotten more busy recently. which means those of us who go in September have to be quiet about how great of a time it is to go!!!!

this year we are going the last 2 weeks. little concerned as we have to switch from boardwalk to OKW the last few days of our trip as boardwalk is book. probably because of F/W fest. but still hoping crowds will be ok.

Upvote 0

CP_alum08

Agreed. We were the same time and it was great.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it; eventually you are going to see the 'busy' and 'slow' times flip. With SO many travel/touring/fan/etc. sites saying how great September is and how awful December/July are, you will eventually see higher attendance in Sept. (and the other slower months) than you will around Christmas or summer vacation. It might take 10 years, but you mark my words it will happen :D

Upvote 0

CP_alum08

we typically go the first 2 weeks every september. the weekends are a little busy but the weekday crowds are nothing. longest wait is 20-25 mins. typical 45 min for pan. that time of year as gotten more busy recently. which means those of us who go in September have to be quiet about how great of a time it is to go!!!!

this year we are going the last 2 weeks. little concerned as we have to switch from boardwalk to OKW the last few days of our trip as boardwalk is book. probably because of F/W fest. but still hoping crowds will be ok.

That is what I meant by all those sites; people aren't being quiet about how great it is. And the people who can profit from it REALLY aren't being quiet about it. Darn you internet for making information so readily available!

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it; eventually you are going to see the 'busy' and 'slow' times flip. With SO many travel/touring/fan/etc. sites saying how great September is and how awful December/July are, you will eventually see higher attendance in Sept. (and the other slower months) than you will around Christmas or summer vacation. It might take 10 years, but you mark my words it will happen :D

Disagree.

A small percentage of total WDW attendance reads planning sites or books.

Also, the reason that Spring Break, Christmas break, and summer are busy is because that when kids are out of school - and parents who are teachers aren't working - and can take their vacation.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I'm sure that just because a lot of us on here are going in Sept, doesn't mean its gonna be too bad. It can't be as bad as the summer months and holidays. Free dining is that time, but I've read that the parks aren't crazy busy, just the restaurants are more busier than normal. I usually go in November and couldn't go that time this year so I booked for the end of Sept. A co-worker of mine went last Sept the same week and he said it wasn't too crowded at all.. he just said it was still really hot and I'm actually looking forward to the summer weather and not being cold like I'm used to in Nov. I'd rather go in Sept and deal with whats given than spring break, july, august, thanksgiving or christmas.

Upvote 0

tdpolo26

i also was a bit concerne about crowds in sept. We went last year labor day weekend throught the following week which was the christian nights thing. It was busy fri i remember but the rest of the week was ok. TSSM took till 2 pm for it to be fast passed out. lines where always about 45 min to it.
This year we are going the last week of sept and into oct i was a little concerned when there was no more free dining for pofq but i realized after trying to make regular reservations that they just didnt release to many rooms for that offer. BTW we do have free dining i was just trying to get my sister into french quarter they could only get riverside.
I am hoping we can get a little disney magic and get them over with the 3 rooms we already have at french quarter with free dining
I do think that it is seems more crowded because it seems alot of people on this board are deal savy and are going to be going during a more reasonable time of year. I am hoping because i am the end of the free dining that less people will be there due to every kid being back in school

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

With Food & Wine, MNSSHP, Epcot's 30th and Free Dining this September is going to be chaotic! I was going to go around the end of Sept/Oct but, then changed my mind as January seems to be less hectic since no big events are going on.

Upvote 0

CP_alum08

Disagree.

A small percentage of total WDW attendance reads planning sites or books.

Also, the reason that Spring Break, Christmas break, and summer are busy is because that when kids are out of school - and parents who are teachers aren't working - and can take their vacation.

You may be right, but do a simple google search of "best time to visit Disney World" and 30 seconds later you are contemplating September because of the "low crowds" mentioned on numerous different sites. Also, I think alot of older (I use the term VERY loosely) people still use travel agents and all of them say the same thing too.

Teachers can get time off just like everyone else, my mom is a teacher, I know. If parents didn't pull their kids out of school to take vacations, WDW would only be open 4 months of the year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom