So just how long have you been going to Disney World?

mergatroid

Original Poster
Hi just got back after enjoying a wonderful three weeks in Orlando and it got me thinking, how long have many on here been going to Disney World? Being in my late 40's, I've been going regularly from the UK for 41 years now.

Seen lots of changes, some for the better and some for the worse but still love visiting the place. As I sat on several rides this year, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, TTA, Space Mountain and Small World to name a few it was remarkable thinking I'd ridden them hundreds of times and yet they still hold so much magic after so many years just as they did 41 years ago :eek:

So don't be embarrassed by your age ladies and gents, but tell us how long you've been going?

mf1972

went 3 times in the late 79's early 80's as a kid. went on our honeymoon in 2000. been going every year since. leaving this sunday. ;)

Goofyernmost

Never went until I was 35 years old with two young children. That was 1983. Have been just about every year since then for a total of 46 times in 33 years. Here is a picture of me and my girls in February 1983:

img006.jpg

Both are now in their 40's that between the two of them have 4 children and have changed a lot. I on the other hand look exactly the same. It's a miracle I tell ya!

Disney4family

'72, '73, ('75 DL), '84, ('97 DLP), '01, '06, 07, '08, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16 (and today would have been another '16 - I guess I needed Peter Pan to sprinkle pixie dust on my butt like he does to Donald to get down there today)
There will most definitely be a '17 if not two. I need it. I spent the evening in the ER tonight while my daughter got a CAT scan after crashing on her head at gymnastics doing a backward tuck. I was supposed to be dining at Cinderella's Royal Table. (She's fine, thank God.)

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I can't remember the it, but my first time was when I was only 11 months old in November '98. The first trip I can remember at all was in 2004, and the first trip I remember vividly was in 2007.

I do know that during those early trips when I was a very little kid, my family had stayed in both the Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk.

Rsj88

I believe my first trip was in 83. I went a couple more times in the 80s and didn't start back until I graduated college in 2004 with my husband. Since then we have been in 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and in 49 days!!! I really love Disney World but miss the Epcot of my childhood! I wish I could share it with my children!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
1976 and for the next few years (although they were only day visits while with family in the Orlando area each Christmas), then starting in 1994. See signature below for more details.

epcotisbest

Hi just got back after enjoying a wonderful three weeks in Orlando and it got me thinking, how long have many on here been going to Disney World? Being in my late 40's, I've been going regularly from the UK for 41 years now.

Seen lots of changes, some for the better and some for the worse but still love visiting the place. As I sat on several rides this year, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, TTA, Space Mountain and Small World to name a few it was remarkable thinking I'd ridden them hundreds of times and yet they still hold so much magic after so many years just as they did 41 years ago :eek:

So don't be embarrassed by your age ladies and gents, but tell us how long you've been going?

Hey Merg! Glad you had another wonderful trip. We have been going since 1983, not long after we got married in 1982, so about 33 years now, usually once to twice per year. We have changed how we do the parks, and now enjoy the resorts more than the parks, but we still enjoy going down there. Our last trip in early September, we went to SeaWorld and on our next trip coming up soon, we are going to do Discovery Cove. Maybe we are enjoying more stuff outside the bubble and while we could relax by the pool just about anywhere, there are lots of very nice resorts in the Orlando area where we enjoy pool time and resort time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom