So, I Updated My Disney Experience App and...

lilclerk

My resort reservation is still all messed up!

My wife and I appear with no problem. But, my oldest daughter appears twice (once in all caps), and my youngest doesn't show up at all.

We don't leave until July, but this has been giving me grief for months now.

Any advice?
I'd just call Disney and make sure they still have everything right on their side. The website and app are so messed up right now, it's ridiculous.

Upvote 0

cabihler

i worked in IT for 40+ years and their new system is a complete disgrace. it worked well for a few of the features released up till about 4 weeks ago. then they started having RDB issues where reservations would not transport over but when you went to link them again it said they were already linked. i called disney several times over the next several weeks and their TECH SUPPORT people were basically clueless..... so what i have reverted to is going into the old (the pre mydisney experience reservation lookup system) system through a backdoor and i can see all of my resort and dinning reservations i have made for april and august with no problem

Upvote 0

BoarderPhreak

The app has been working fine for me... But between the app, the phone (a "lowly iPhone 4") and the in-park WiFi... It's so slow it's frustrating and useless. But the potential is definitely there, being able to manage your dining reservations, getting park hours. The map is nice (but not something I'd ever use, hehe).

Keep at it - this is great.

Now, the RFID cards tied into a credit card - a complete abomination. Almost had the day ruined yesterday were it not for some especially wonderful CMs that literally saved the day.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

i worked in IT for 40+ years and their new system is a complete disgrace. it worked well for a few of the features released up till about 4 weeks ago. then they started having RDB issues where reservations would not transport over but when you went to link them again it said they were already linked. i called disney several times over the next several weeks and their TECH SUPPORT people were basically clueless..... so what i have reverted to is going into the old (the pre mydisney experience reservation lookup system) system through a backdoor and i can see all of my resort and dinning reservations i have made for april and august with no problem

Oh it's nice to know that I am not alone. I currently have three separate reservations and some show up one place but not the other, and when I try to link them they say there are already linked. I have dealt with IT three times and they always say that they got them linked and puff, they're gone again
Wouldn't care if I didn't want to make adrs using them for the 180 plus 10 soon

Upvote 0

darthhaider

Original Poster
Does anyone know what the target date is to have all of this up and running?

Sure seems to be a lot of glitches out there.

I can't see Disney eliminating traditional FP and switching exclusively to FP+ in time for the summer rush.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

The app has been working fine for me... But between the app, the phone (a "lowly iPhone 4") and the in-park WiFi... It's so slow it's frustrating and useless. But the potential is definitely there, being able to manage your dining reservations, getting park hours. The map is nice (but not something I'd ever use, hehe).

Keep at it - this is great.

Now, the RFID cards tied into a credit card - a complete abomination. Almost had the day ruined yesterday were it not for some especially wonderful CMs that literally saved the day.
Care to elaborate about what happened with your credit card?

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

So, are we the very vocal minority, or are most having trouble with this whole system?
I had trouble in the beginning. It took a while for my reservation info to show up when the new site first came on.
Now, my information is there and is all correct.
I don't get to make ADRs until June 10, so I can't speak yet as to how that works out.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I was expecting horrors with the app, but that hasn't been my experience.

Then again, I'm not trying to use it on Disney's touch and go crappy WiFi.

I was at CBR in 2010 when they were testing out WiFi for the resorts, and they had no cable based options...it was horrid. I was so happy in 2011 when they were back to cable based, with WiFi as a secondary connection option. In 2012, I stayed at Pop, which was all WiFi...and it was terrible.

Do it right, or don't do it!

It doesn't help that Disney has spotty cell coverage there, outside of their lovefest with Verizon.

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

My reservation has me listed twice with my son not included but still states two adults and one child so no biggie really. For reasons unknown, my ADR for Teppan Edo is listed for nine guests while everything else is for three, as it should be. Other than that, everything else is fine.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom