So I highly doubt any changes happen to the Jungle Cruise based on the movie

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Just a hunch. I saw the movie over the weekend and while it will never be the bomb that Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy was, it clearly is nowhere near the impact Johnny Depp had with Pirates of the Caribbean. I think when that movie came out in 2003 it was so popular that they had to at least put SOMETHING on the ride that balanced the people who wanted to see Captain Jack in there and the people who wanted it left alone. I don't see that with the Jungle Cruise. There were some references to the jokes the skippers make on the ride, but in reality this movie could have been called "Amazon Cruise" and you would have never thought it had much to do with the ride.

Just my thought, the movie is not big enough for this sort of change to the ride. I'm fine with that.

Movielover

There were some references to the jokes the skippers make on the ride, but in reality this movie could have been called "Amazon Cruise" and you would have never thought it had much to do with the ride.
You could say the exact same thing about the first Pirate's film. Completely original story with references to the ride tossed throughout. I actually really enjoyed Jungle Cruise for what it is but I do agree that the overall lasting impact will not be there. I am perfectly fine with the Rock's costume hanging up in the boat house being the main reference to the movie.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
You could say the exact same thing about the first Pirate's film. Completely original story with references to the ride tossed throughout. I actually really enjoyed Jungle Cruise for what it is but I do agree that the overall lasting impact will not be there. I am perfectly fine with the Rock's costume hanging up in the boat house being the main reference to the movie.

I could live with that.

They are already filming Part 2

Running out of ideas I guess?

JIMINYCR

Who knows. Disneys shown that they will not do things we are expecting and do other things that surprises us. When it comes to the placement of movie material that they think will excite the younger movie crowd goers, build lines and sell merchandise... nothings off the table. I'm expecting to see a smattering of JC Rock merch to show up. The Rock Jungle Cruise hats are for sale already.

SteveAZee

There's also the idea that featuring The Rock in the attraction may sway people to buy the movie's DVD/BluRay (to people still buy disks?) and/or sign up for Disney+ to watch it. The whole synergy thing goes both ways.

Sort of unrelated but he must have some deal with Disney. He and his ex-wife and still business partner Dani are executive producers on the Behind the Attraction series on Disney+

TotallyBiased

Never been a big fan of JC the ride but it might spark my interest some if they throw some of the movie revisions into it. The movie was not on the same level as PotC was though. One of my favorite films.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom