So how much do you normally spend on food at Disney

Disney_Dad88

We are going fo 8 days 7 nights in January and Im trying to just get my budget for Disney in order. I know it will probably be hard to stay on it once I get there, but Im just trying to find ways to save money on food so we can spend it on other things. What Ive come up with, is before we go we are gonna go buy some things like poptarts and muffins to eat for breakfast, as well as some chips and drinks. I figured only eating breakfast on the one day we don't actually visit a park will help us save a lot. While we are out in the parks, I figured just hitting up some of the quick service places. Now as far as dinner is concerned, we plan on eating very well every night. Be Our Guest is in line for the second night, with other restaurants of that caliber for the rest of the week. Also for what its worth, it will be Me, My Wife, and My DD(5) and DD(7). What Ive come up with snacks and everything, is about an average of 150 dollars per day. Does this seem like a lot or is this realistic for my situation and ideas on eating. Just wondering because I haven't been to the world in a while and I would like to hear it from people that have been there recently.

smk

We are going fo 8 days 7 nights in January and Im trying to just get my budget for Disney in order. I know it will probably be hard to stay on it once I get there, but Im just trying to find ways to save money on food so we can spend it on other things. What Ive come up with, is before we go we are gonna go buy some things like poptarts and muffins to eat for breakfast, as well as some chips and drinks. I figured only eating breakfast on the one day we don't actually visit a park will help us save a lot. While we are out in the parks, I figured just hitting up some of the quick service places. Now as far as dinner is concerned, we plan on eating very well every night. Be Our Guest is in line for the second night, with other restaurants of that caliber for the rest of the week. Also for what its worth, it will be Me, My Wife, and My DD(5) and DD(7). What Ive come up with snacks and everything, is about an average of 150 dollars per day. Does this seem like a lot or is this realistic for my situation and ideas on eating. Just wondering because I haven't been to the world in a while and I would like to hear it from people that have been there recently.

We generally budgeted about 50 per person per day, for a family of five. We never ate that much every day but some days we hit the mark. It equaled out basically. Now that it is just us two adults we never have a budget issue, we eat light, always a big breakfast, light lunch and light dinner, maybe a midnight snack if we are out in the parks late. I think last year we had 250 budgeted for meals and spent far less than that. Usually 6 days plus driving, so 8 days total. I find kids meals are enough for me at lunch and those are so cheap it is ridiculous. While driving down we buy subway sandwiches and have chips and fruit in the car.

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

Is it worth it though. I haven't really read too much into it.
No, it isn't worth it unless it is free, someone made a really cool calculation site for the dining plan but I can't find the thread it is in. I also think your estimate is a little low, especially if you plan on some table service meals. I would plan at least $50 per person per day maybe even $75 to be safe.

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

Probably won't happen. The women will always want to make an extra stop or drag out a planned stop. I've come to that conclusion over the years. For myself I just need to use the bathroom and I'll grab something I can eat in the car. I just want to get there. At least they removed Starbucks from the rest stops on the Turnpike. My wife needed her fix about twice on the trip up from Miami.
Haha...twice from Miami! We only stopped twice coming from Houston, and that was basically for gas.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom