So how long till the World is littered in Holiday Decor?

Tiggerfanatic

Anyone who was at the resorts last year know when most of them typically are fully adorned? I know after Thanksgiving is the official date, but I was under the impression they would be decorated by mid-Nov, too.
We arrived the Monday of Thanksgiving week last year, and the resorts were decorated then.

WDWFigment

We arrived the Monday of Thanksgiving week last year, and the resorts were decorated then.

Phew, because I planned this big holiday tour of the resorts for November 20th (Tuesday before Thanksgiving) and I didn't want our holiday tour to be a tour of a bunch of plain 'ole resorts. Although, with WDW, even that would have been fun!

dvalentine

Original Poster
I meant "littered" in a positive manner, but perhaps poor word choice. I was really just wondering how fast they were with moving from Halloween to the Holidays. I don't get there until Dec 26, so I was wondering if there was any down time. Thanks for the info.

Figment82

It's been 5 years of theme for atleast 1 major park (of the 4) so one should ahve a new-looking tree.

Which one do you suppose it will be? I think Epcot has had its look for the 5 year period and MK got a enw one last year, no?

Epcot's tree is the same one so... no to that one...
The land has been cleared for it already, and the two small booths used for the tree lighting ceremony have already been installed.

raven

Can we at least wait until Halloween is over? It's bad enough that retail stores have been pushing Christmas since August but personally I like to enjoy my seasons.

I was in K-Mart the first week of September and they had 2 isles of Halloween items......behind 5 isles of Christmas. Yes, you had to walk through decorated trees, Christmas music and rows of Martha Stewart Holiday items before you saw anything that resembled the upcoming fall season.

I was in K-Mart the first week of September and they had 2 isles of Halloween items......behind 5 isles of Christmas. Yes, you had to walk through decorated trees, Christmas music and rows of Martha Stewart Holiday items before you saw anything that resembled the upcoming fall season.
That's really sad. :( Christmas decorations are just starting to pop up in the local shopping mall..

angelfaerie52

I took a tour last year... Behind the Magic, maybe? Not sure on the name right now. We were told Christmas starts the day after Halloween and must of the stuff is up within 7-10 days. Pretty hardcore, albeit early...

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Can we at least wait until Halloween is over? It's bad enough that retail stores have been pushing Christmas since August but personally I like to enjoy my seasons.

My local Target was the same way. I could have purchased a tree there the week after Labor Day.

dvalentine

Original Poster
Sooner or later the "Christams in July" sales pitch will officially kick off the holiday season. My Target had reindeer up the last week of August. So sad!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom