So Comcast was the highest bidder for FOX, but FOX picked Disney instead...

freebird72

I received the prospectus electronically, along with a link to vote electronically through my broker. I voted before Comcast made their latest offer. I wonder what happens now?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I received the prospectus electronically, along with a link to vote electronically through my broker. I voted before Comcast made their latest offer. I wonder what happens now?

Fox board has to consider Comcast's offer and then approve or reject it. If they approve it then Disney can up their bid or do nothing and let Comcast buy Fox. I suspect Iger and Murdoch are in discussions now, and if not already done Iger is sweetening the Disney offer. Iger isn't going to walk away from this deal without a fight, if at all.

As far as your vote, it still counts since what is being voted on is just if shareholders approve Disney issuing Disney stock to Fox shareholders in accordance to the merger.

truecoat

If Disney ends up with Fox, I'd like to see Disney sell some of the movie assets to Comcast/Universal.
As a Disney fan... I hope Comcast wins the bid. The Disney brand is already getting too watered down with IPs. With the Fox libraries, Universal will be more competitive with Disney Parks and we will get a better product in the end.

I'd like to see Disney get it for the Marvel and Star Wars rights and funny, they'd have Avatar also. Not sure how Aliens would fit in but they could bring back ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter!

Phroobar

Disney is suppose to want to build a third Avatar ride but Cameron won't allow it until Avatar 2&3 are released. I guess if Avatar 2&3 do well, we will see Avatar 4&5. Cameron was also responsible for not allowing there be a restroom in the four hour long queue for FOP. He thinks it will "take you out of the story". A kid peeing on the wall will do the same thing too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As a Disney fan... I hope Comcast wins the bid. The Disney brand is already getting too watered down with IPs. With the Fox libraries, Universal will be more competitive with Disney Parks and we will get a better product in the end.

...this. I think it’s hard to make a case that youre not correct. At least “more correct”...

Disney should always be a “core value” company that expands organically...not out chasing comets on wall street

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney is suppose to want to build a third Avatar ride but Cameron won't allow it until Avatar 2&3 are released. I guess if Avatar 2&3 do well, we will see Avatar 4&5. Cameron was also responsible for not allowing there be a restroom in the four hour long queue for FOP. He thinks it will "take you out of the story". A kid peeing on the wall will do the same thing too.

He’s a grade A nut...the kind of kook they never would have talked to if they got serious with Rowling’s...

But...Disney did a great job with the land and gave him advertising for avatar - which nobody gives a crap about.

Cameron way got the better of the deal.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Just like with Marvel and Lucas, Disney would be the parent company of Fox. And just like with Marvel and Lucas, Fox would be run independent of the Disney brand. You aren't going to see the castle logo at the beginning of any Fox movie. You'll still see the Fox logo as you do now. This is no different than when Miramax, Touchstone, and Hollywood Pictures were under Disney. Most didn't know or didn't care that Disney was their parent company. For example Pulp Fiction didn't water down the Disney brand, so why would anything Fox put out.

asianway

Just like with Marvel and Lucas, Disney would be the parent company of Fox. And just like with Marvel and Lucas, Fox would be run independent of the Disney brand. You aren't going to see the castle logo at the beginning of any Fox movie. You'll still see the Fox logo as you do now. This is no different than when Miramax, Touchstone, and Hollywood Pictures were under Disney. Most didn't know or didn't care that Disney was their parent company. For example Pulp Fiction didn't water down the Disney brand, so why would anything Fox put out.
I think "Were" is the operative word in your post.

Phroobar

Excuse me while I go to counselling for 10 years after reading this opinion. :eek:
Here is a couple that meet a few hours before, fall in love, have sex in a car and are willing to die for each other while continuing ignoring multiple opportunities to save themselves as they run up and down the ship over and over again until the ship sinks (in real time!!!) while keeping Billy Zane from stealing a giant ruby.

At least Avatar was just Pocahontas in space with Aliens Space Marine tech.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Here is a couple that meet a few hours before, fall in love, have sex in a car and are willing to die for each other while continuing ignoring multiple opportunities to save themselves as they run up and down the ship over and over again until the ship sinks (in real time!!!) while keeping Billy Zane from stealing a giant ruby.

Hmm, sounds a bit like Romeo and Juliet set on a ship instead of Verona.

Disney Analyst

Thank you for ruining everything for me.

George Lucas on a Bench

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom