Disney suggested re-theming the ride...

It didn't end well.

---
6c62c69c2774112e45edd289f1189964.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
On the conspiracy theory (yes, I now they were suggested in fun... maybe):

1. If breakdowns are indicative of replacing the ride, then a replacement for the PeopleMover is right around the corner!​
2. PatF will use the same boats, so...​

FettFan

Balloons attacking Main Street horses. Check ✅
Falling Caballeros. Check ✅
Sinking Splash logs. Check ✅
TSI Tantrums. Check ✅

I'm lacking one monorail breakdown to complete my theme park mishap crossword puzzle.

Add the World Famous Titanic Jungle Cruise.
Sure it was a week before the Covid Crazy, but it was a harbinger of things to come.

1596482211860.jpeg

ppete1975

Imagine all of the amazing stuff that happened prior to cell phones and social media, where anything that happens is instantly able for public consumption. I am sure there is some really cool stuff in peoples photo albums that they took on the 35mm, or they didnt want to waste the cost of film plus processing and just walked on by.
Now im sure with the cutting of some maintenence and the fact that everything at Disney is getting old (some approaching 50 years, COP even older) that more is breaking... but i feel this isnt really all that new of a thing.

Imagine how much footage of jfks assassination that we would have had, if it happened today....

Sparksfly

So...where is all of our money going? They expect us to pay several mortgage payments to visit their resort but then dont give updates/raise the value to meet high prices (without taking 5 other things away) and dont do the maintenance required to keep us safe while were there. Given all the things that are coming to light both with Disney and with businesses/elites in general... this question is absolutely warranted.

FettFan

So...where is all of our money going?
They expect us to pay several mortgage payments to visit their resort but then dont give updates/raise the value to meet high prices (without taking 5 other things away) and dont do the maintenance required to keep us safe while were there. Given all the things that are coming to light both with Disney and with businesses/elites in general... this question is absolutely warranted.

Toy Story Land

celluloid

Imagine all of the amazing stuff that happened prior to cell phones and social media, where anything that happens is instantly able for public consumption. I am sure there is some really cool stuff in peoples photo albums that they took on the 35mm, or they didnt want to waste the cost of film plus processing and just walked on by.
Now im sure with the cutting of some maintenence and the fact that everything at Disney is getting old (some approaching 50 years, COP even older) that more is breaking... but i feel this isnt really all that new of a thing.

Imagine how much footage of jfks assassination that we would have had, if it happened today....

This has been brought up with the other safety accidents, just this year. To a degree it is true with certain things, but safety wise, this would have been something someone would have recorded or gone with even before instant media. It is not like smart phones with this capability have only been around for the past two years.
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
People Mover
Splash Mountain

All safety issues with lack of mainteince since Feburary with the parks not even being open for over three of those months and low attended since reopening. This is without even going into the poor showmanship.

VicariousCorpse

Before we jump down the “bad maintenance” hole, is it possible that what happened was the log ahead of this one, and this one that sunk, had a heavy load in the front, and since there’s only a few riders per log, neither was properly balanced? This could cause the 2nd one to lodge itself under the one ahead of it. Then, when the log behind it hits, it gets forced further downward?

As in now they may have to focus more on balancing the logs due to not fully loading them?
It very well could be a balancing issue, just in a different way than you're describing. The boat in front of them had 3 people in the front 2 rows, but the one that sank had 2 people in the very back. This is where it began taking on water, and in another video she posted, the front of the boat is sticking into the air while the back is submerged.

The_Jobu

I have no idea what the culture is like in WDW, but why would maintenance seem to suffer lately? Management just says tough-cookies when staff ask for more hours to preform fixes? Staff doesn't care? It seems odd to be so focused at WDW.

tirian

On the conspiracy theory (yes, I now they were suggested in fun... maybe):

1. If breakdowns are indicative of replacing the ride, then a replacement for the PeopleMover is right around the corner!​
2. PatF will use the same boats, so...​
This has been brought up with the other safety accidents, just this year. To a degree it is true with certain things, but safety wise, this would have been something someone would have recorded or gone with even before instant media. It is not like smart phones with this capability have only been around for the past two years.
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
People Mover
Splash Mountain

All safety issues with lack of mainteince since Feburary with the parks not even being open for over three of those months and low attended since reopening. This is without even going into the poor showmanship.
I have no idea what the culture is like in WDW, but why would maintenance seem to suffer lately? Management just says tough-cookies when staff ask for more hours to preform fixes? Staff doesn't care? It seems odd to be so focused at WDW.

Is Phil Holmes the VP again? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom