Sneaky Parking

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
Other posts have mentioned that CM are checking IDs at some resort pools. Does anyone know if guards are starting to check them at the parking lot entrances at the resorts ?(ala AKL) I know that people often park at the resorts, esp MK area, and walk/ride monorail etc to the parks, to bypass the fees & TTC/shuttle wait. I'm always a little annoyed (just a little, mind you!) when I'm a guest at these resorts and have to walk a mile to my car at check-in (or have to use valet parking) because all of the close spots are taken by non-guests.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by marciahahn
Other posts have mentioned that CM are checking IDs at some resort pools. Does anyone know if guards are starting to check them at the parking lot entrances at the resorts ?(ala AKL) I know that people often park at the resorts, esp MK area, and walk/ride monorail etc to the parks, to bypass the fees & TTC/shuttle wait. I'm always a little annoyed (just a little, mind you!) when I'm a guest at these resorts and have to walk a mile to my car at check-in (or have to use valet parking) because all of the close spots are taken by non-guests.

They have always check ours to see where we stayed. I cant believe i'm helping u after on the pain u casued me yesterday lol

Disneynut

It all depends on the guard on duty. I have been just waved through. I have been stopped and asked for a reservation number for the restaurant. And once I was turned away from WL because I wanted to visit a friend who was a CM there.

JAY-ROD

Thank-you Jay-Rod!

Now go get some sleep!

lol ur being like the chatroom always booting me out lol i'm getting ready to go to bed after i post a few more.

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
Jay-Rod, don't think that no one has noticed what you are up to. WDW-I, watch your back! Jay- Rod is breathing down your neck!(post-wise)

DisneyFreak

We do this all the time for the Magic Kingdom. We'll pull into the Polynesian and park and then take the monorail over to the MK. Half the time there isn't even a guard there. Other times they'll see our resort parking pass on the dash and let us through and even other times all we say is we're going to dinner at Kona Cafe. I have never once had any problems. Besides, the Poly parking lot is usually half empty.

Now as long as you are a Disney Resort guest I don't see a problem with this.

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry, I wasn't refering to guests from other WDW resorts, but off property guests. Also, the Poly lot is half full(empty) in the early morning, but by check-in time it is full! Then after the parks close, it empties out again. I've gotten up really early to move my car closer.

DisneyFreak

Sorry, I wasn't refering to guests from other WDW resorts, but off property guests.

Oh, well that's an entirely different story. This I have a problem with.:mad:

If these people wanted the conveniences of being a Resort guest then they should have paid for that privilege. I'm sorry if this view upsets some people but it's true.

JAY-ROD

Jay-Rod, don't think that no one has noticed what you are up to. WDW-I, watch your back! Jay- Rod is breathing down your neck!(post-wise)

So what am I up too. I would even like to know? lol

WDW-Imagineer

What if you just tell the guard that you are eating at the resort? I tell him that, although I also have a resort tag on the dashboard, so I don't think it matters what you say if he sees that.

sillyspook13

If you are not a resort guest, you must get a parking permit at the guard gate. The guard will write up a pass good for three hours of parking. They started doing this at the resorts near Epcot, but I think it is now done everywhere. My dad got a ticket when parked at the Contemporary (for only 3-4 hours, left not long after noon) that said "This lot is not a Magic Kingdom parking lot. Further misuse of parking priveleges will result in your car being towed." How they knew we were not visiting the hotel is beyond me.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by sillyspook13
If you are not a resort guest, you must get a parking permit at the guard gate. The guard will write up a pass good for three hours of parking. They started doing this at the resorts near Epcot, but I think it is now done everywhere. My dad got a ticket when parked at the Contemporary (for only 3-4 hours, left not long after noon) that said "This lot is not a Magic Kingdom parking lot. Further misuse of parking priveleges will result in your car being towed." How they knew we were not visiting the hotel is beyond me.

Its Disney!! They know everything!! :)

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you, sillyspook, for your most informative answer. Perhaps someone watched you park, leave your car, and walk to the MK. I've seen people do it, maybe an employee spotted you this time.

NowInc

Just do what I do...

Park at downtown...take a bus....its free..and usually you can get a bus to downtown REALLLLLY easy after the parks close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom