Sneaky Cards in the Parks?

JimW

Premium Member
Original Poster
For those of you not familiar with Sneaky Cards, it's a card game that encourages players to "play it forward." In essence, each deck is a series of challenges to get you to do something positive for another person or to do something that takes you out of your comfort zone in a social situation. Once you complete the task on the card, you give the card to the person you helped. Each card has a unique code so they can be tracked via the Sneaky Cards website. Examples of cards are:

• Give a gift to another person for absolutely no reason
  • Pre-pay for an item in a vending machine
  • Let someone ahead of you in line
  • Hide the card near a famous landmark
  • Give the card to someone else without them knowing it
My wife and I were talking about doing this during our next visit to the parks. Is there any reason that Disney would frown upon it? Thanks!

Spikerdink

For those of you not familiar with Sneaky Cards, it's a card game that encourages players to "play it forward." In essence, each deck is a series of challenges to get you to do something positive for another person or to do something that takes you out of your comfort zone in a social situation. Once you complete the task on the card, you give the card to the person you helped. Each card has a unique code so they can be tracked via the Sneaky Cards website. Examples of cards are:

• Give a gift to another person for absolutely no reason
  • Pre-pay for an item in a vending machine
  • Let someone ahead of you in line
  • Hide the card near a famous landmark
  • Give the card to someone else without them knowing it
My wife and I were talking about doing this during our next visit to the parks. Is there any reason that Disney would frown upon it? Thanks!

What would be the reason to hide the card near a landmark? Same goes with hiding it.... would the person who finds the card know what to do?

I love the other ideas - I have often thought it would be fun to buy some balloons and just give them to random kids, but have never done it.

JIMINYCR

Sounds like a great idea to interact with other guests but Disney might frown on the idea of cards being left behind. Disney wasnt too happy with geocaching that went on years ago ( people leaving items behind for others to find). Guests often leave things behind around the resorts or parks for the next guest to find and it ends up being just more things that get trashed by the cleaning crew.

Bryan Slater

I love the idea but not to hide the cards people wouldn't know what to do. I do randomly pay it forward all year just not at Disney. When I do go in June I will keep this idea fresh and will post my pay it forward on this forum.

Timekeeper

Sounds innocent on its face, but:

Give a gift to another person for absolutely no reason
Some parents may be uneasy about other adults giving "gifts" to their children. And if the physical appearance of the gift-giver looks suspicious... For example, most parents probably wouldn't want Gary Busey handing candy to their child. And there may be a few significant-others out there who might not appreciate another person giving a gift to their significant other (a member of the opposite gender, may be perceived as inappropriate flirtation).
Pre-pay for an item in a vending machine
There are not too many vending machines at the World, but I don't see any problems with that.
Let someone ahead of you in line
Line-cutting is prohibited and not likely to be appreciated by everyone else behind the line-cutters (to the point that it may give rise to complaints).
Hide the card near a famous landmark
Some jurisdictions refer to this as "littering."
Give the card to someone else without them knowing it
This one has "DANGER" written all over it. I'm not sure as to exactly what you have in mind to accomplish this, but anyone who tries to come near my pockets or bags will end up having a bad day.

Okay, so before someone criticizes me for being against random acts of kindness (and for the record I am totally in favor of the sentiment), the above responses are obviously written to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, so please don't take them literally. Nevertheless, there may be some concerns with respect to how various "random acts" are executed, and good ol' common sense should prevail.

CaptainAmerica

This is what social media has done to us. People need to come up with contrived schemes in order to interact with each other. You can just do any of these things without some weird "sneaky cards" game to facilitate it.

Pluto89

I love the ideas about paying it forward! We have done it before at Disney several times. We always do the deluxe dining plan and usually have a few meals left over on the last day so we buy a few people dinner at a TS resturaunt. Last time we did a CM started to cry and said that's the sweetes thing she's ever seen, and then proceeded to give us an few free souvenirs and and private spot for viewing wishes!! So IMO paying it forward especially at Disney is worth it!!

Chef Mickey

I pay it forward in different ways. If I get great service at a restaurant, I occasionally leave a $100 tip, but never stick around to see the result.

I even did this at Disney a couple times, one $100 tip at Teppan Edo (bill was around $90 for 2) and one $100 tip at 50s Prime Time.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I don't like it because it's another way people can leave trash around the parks.

I think this was the issue with my sneaky bags game. We had lots of paper bags we'd leaving lying around for people to find and pick up. We labeled them all "bomb" as in "you're the bomb" which I believe is the type of hip lingo that all the young people use nowadays. Anyhoos, some cast members seemed to get all "riled up" and we had to stop so I don't recommend this game.

Timekeeper

I think this was the issue with my sneaky bags game. We had lots of paper bags we'd leaving lying around for people to find and pick up. We labeled them all "bomb" as in "you're the bomb" which I believe is the type of hip lingo that all the young people use nowadays. Anyhoos, some cast members seemed to get all "riled up" and we had to stop so I don't recommend this game.

Hahaha! :hilarious:

I was politely requested (read: threatened) to cease and desist my game of sneaky massages.

I just said "Mi scusi, Mi scusi" and pretended not to understand their threatening words.

T3UN-y.gif

Cosmic Commando

Dude, the same thing happened when I tried my Sneaky Dry Ice in a Pop Bottle game at Disneyland! Some people just don't know how to have fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom