Snacking around the world

CinderellyKelly

Original Poster
My hubby and I have decided to really take our time walking around the world in Epcot on our upcoming trip.

What are your favorite snacks in each country?

HouCuseChickie

We made a rather feeble attempt to snack around the WS back in Nov. We enjoyed the schoolbread in Norway and had yummy brats at Sommerfest in Germany. The lines for sweet treats in Germany and France were just too long so we skipped 'em both. :( It's been some time, but we also really enjoyed the fish and chips in the UK way back when.

zurgandfriend

Moving counter-clockwise around the World Showcase;
Mexico – Churritos - La Cantina de San Angel
Norway – School Bread - Kringla bakeri
China – Pork & veggie egg roll - Lotus Blossom Café
Germany – Pretzel – Sommerfest
Italy – Cannoli – Gelato Stand
USA – Funnel Cake from the kiosk at the American Adventure
Japan – Okonami Yaki (Vegie pancake) – Katsura Grill
Morocco – Falafel – Tangierine Café
France – Coconut Pyramid – Boulangerie Patisserie
United Kingdom – English bulldog (a sausage, or banger, loaded) Rose & Crown Pub
Canada – North Bay Smoothie – Snack cart
And in Future World a Mickey ice cream bar

cornandacobb

Hungry for a sandwich check out Norway. Last month had both the Ham and Apple Sandwich with Jarlsberg and Muenster and Norwegian Club Sandwich - turkey, ham, and bacon with Jarlsberg and Muenster cheese with fresh tomatoes, sliced red onion, and lingonberrry mayonnaise cheese. Both served warm. Yum.
Wife and daughter loved the rice cream(rice pudding with strawberry sauce on top).

CinderellyKelly

Original Poster
Hungry for a sandwich check out Norway. Last month had both the Ham and Apple Sandwich with Jarlsberg and Muenster and Norwegian Club Sandwich - turkey, ham, and bacon with Jarlsberg and Muenster cheese with fresh tomatoes, sliced red onion, and lingonberrry mayonnaise cheese. Both served warm. Yum.
Wife and daughter loved the rice cream(rice pudding with strawberry sauce on top).

Um this sounds deeeeeelish!

CinderellyKelly

Original Poster
Moving counter-clockwise around the World Showcase;
Mexico – Churritos - La Cantina de San Angel
Norway – School Bread - Kringla bakeri
China – Pork & veggie egg roll - Lotus Blossom Café
Germany – Pretzel – Sommerfest
Italy – Cannoli – Gelato Stand
USA – Funnel Cake from the kiosk at the American Adventure
Japan – Okonami Yaki (Vegie pancake) – Katsura Grill
Morocco – Falafel – Tangierine Café
France – Coconut Pyramid – Boulangerie Patisserie
United Kingdom – English bulldog (a sausage, or banger, loaded) Rose & Crown Pub
Canada – North Bay Smoothie – Snack cart
And in Future World a Mickey ice cream bar

Wow!! Lots of great tips!! Thank you!

CinderellyKelly

Original Poster
We made a rather feeble attempt to snack around the WS back in Nov. We enjoyed the schoolbread in Norway and had yummy brats at Sommerfest in Germany. The lines for sweet treats in Germany and France were just too long so we skipped 'em both. :( It's been some time, but we also really enjoyed the fish and chips in the UK way back when.
I have a feeling we won't get very far too!

PUSH

I'm ashamed to say that I haven't eaten in every country... :oops:

However, I love the chocolate mousse in France, Pretzel in Germany, the funnel cake in the American adventure and the shaved ice in Japan.

NiarrNDisney

Mexico - Queso con Jalapeno (La Cava del Tequila)

Norway - Cloudberry Horn (Kringla Bakeri)

China - Curry Chicken Pockets (Joy of Tea)

Germany - Pretzel (Sommerfest)

Italy - Cannoli (Gelato Stand)

America - Funnel Cake (Kiosk)

Japan - Sushi (Katsura or Tokyo Dining)

Morocco - Baklava (Tangierine Cafe)

France - Anything from Boulangerie Patisserie

United Kingdom - Fish & Chips (Yorkshire County Fish Shop)

Canada - Beaver Tails (Sorry no longer available)

Mexico – churros and margaritas
China – too much!! especially if you go during the Food & Wine Festival. Ginger ice cream or redbean icecream available year round.
Germany – pretzel
USA – turkey leg :)
Japan – Kaki Gori - cherry!!!
Morocco – anything at the Tangerine Cafe (another vote in the "too much!!" dept if you go during the F&WF)
France – anything at the Patisserie, but the ham & cheese baguette is sticking out right now!!
UK – fish & chips!

And seriously, if you go in the fall during the F&WF, this list triples. We spend a lot of time eating at Epcot!!! :)

DisneyPrincess5

I just checked a menu and I didn't see this on there, but a few trips ago at the Kringla Bakery at Norway we had an AMAZING potatoe and goat cheese tart. We also love the French pastry shop.
You'd be surprised to learn the great treats that are within each country and you guys taking things allow will allow you to take that and other small details in! Enjoy.

l4dybu6

Norway- Cloudberry horn... It's so good :)
Japan- Random snacks from inside the store, namely Pocky!
USA- funnel cake
Germany- Toffee
France- Chocolate Moose

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom