Smurfs

forevermickey

Original Poster
Last September while walking around World Showcase I remember one of the countries had Smurf merchandise in their store area as well as Play Mobile merchandise. First does anyone which country had this and Second.. is it because that country produces those products.. I would think the Smurfs would be a conflict of interest?

beckyj3266

I know I saw Hello Kitty merchandise in Mitsukoshi Merchandise Store in the Japan pavillion, but I don't remember seeing Smurfs anywhere.

zurgandfriend

I have never seen any Smurf related material at WDW but I do know The Smurfs were created in Belgium and are refered to as Franco-Belgian (they are called Les Schtrumpfs in French) so maybe you saw them in France?

djpoore94

If I'm remembering correctly, I believe it was the Germany pavilion, near the Steiff bears. I bought a Smurf there a couple of years ago and I think that's the pavilion we were in.

forevermickey

Original Poster
If I'm remembering correctly, I believe it was the Germany pavilion, near the Steiff bears. I bought a Smurf there a couple of years ago and I think that's the pavilion we were in.

I thought it was Germany.... but wasn't sure.. so I guess that does confirm that :)... I wonder what the connection is? Thanks all:wave:

bgraham34

I thought this thread was going to be about having the Smurfs in Disney, thank God that is not the case. I do love the little figures though.

Goofy6294

Last September while walking around World Showcase I remember one of the countries had Smurf merchandise in their store area as well as Play Mobile merchandise. First does anyone which country had this and Second.. is it because that country produces those products.. I would think the Smurfs would be a conflict of interest?

If that's the case, just about everything would be located in the China pavilion:)

dman1373

I thought this thread was going to be about having the Smurfs in Disney, thank God that is not the case. I do love the little figures though.

i don't know, having a little area where their are little smurfs working in the Germany pavillion would be great. just think about little 10 inch things handing you a beer.

bgraham34

i don't know, having a little area where their are little smurfs working in the Germany pavillion would be great. just think about little 10 inch things handing you a beer.

Rotflol, that might be a great idea. Only problem is after having a few beers I might end up stepping on them.

Mad Stitch

The connection is that Playmobil is a German company. The Playmobil toy sets have ben in the Germany pavilion for years now. I notice them every time I'm there because I had alot of those toy sets as a kid and Epcot is the only place I see them anymore.

Cmdr_Crimson

This would be like if they added Asterix the gaul merch in the France pavillion. Heck the character has his own park in france Parc Asterix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom