smilie test

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The smileys are in uppercase - a colon and then ROFLOL: gets you :ROFLOL: for example. But the forums filter all-uppercase to avoid people YELLING. This has the undesired affect of changing smileys posted without any text into their lowercase text equivalent, which means they don't show as a smiley any more. :shrug:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
The smileys are in uppercase - a colon and then ROFLOL: gets you :ROFLOL: for example. But the forums filter all-uppercase to avoid people YELLING. This has the undesired affect of changing smileys posted without any text into their lowercase text equivalent, which means they don't show as a smiley any more. :shrug:

All these rules......

*writes this down under the I before E except after C rule*

:lol:

I was trying to use Quick Reply and I got the whole "put the quote in there" bit but then I wanted to put in a smilie and it all went to heck for me.

So you spell out the smilie in quick post but what if you want to put in this one: :eek: - it's no longer a quick post.

And if you can't spell the written equivalent to :eek: then you really will be :eek: when your post posts.

:embarasment:

:embarassment:

:embarrassment:

:EMBARRASSMENT:

What's the deal?!?!? :fork:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
And if you can't spell the written equivalent to :eek: then you really will be :eek: when your post posts.

:embarasment:

:embarassment:

:embarrassment:

:EMBARRASSMENT:

What's the deal?!?!? :fork:
That one's tricky... it's colon with a lowercase o instead. I avoid a lot of problems by just not using quick reply. :lol:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
That one's tricky... it's colon with a lowercase o instead. I avoid a lot of problems by just not using quick reply. :lol:

Yes, well, it's my weekly housecleaning day and I'm bored and having avoidance issues. :lookaroun So I figured I'd master the Quick Reply....:lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Don't know how you do it up North, but in America we are taught to persevere and overcome adversity.

I will prevail.

:lookaroun

-66 degrees with windchill is something that requires perseverance through adversity. Smileys - not so much! :lol:

Up North in America we are taught to pick our battles and not sweat the small stuff. Something many United States' citizens could learn... That, and the fact that "America" extends from Chile in South America to Canada in North America! :lol:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
-66 degrees with windchill is something that requires perseverance through adversity. Smileys - not so much! :lol:

Up North in America we are taught to pick our battles and not sweat the small stuff. Something many United States' citizens could learn... That, and the fact that "America" extends from Chile in South America to Canada in North America! :lol:

It would be very sad if I accidentally spilled my beer on you at AC next month.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It would be very sad if I accidentally spilled my beer on you at AC next month.

Another thing we Canadians learn is not to spill beer!

Pop, coffee, water, milk... all fine fer spillin'. But spilling anything with alcohol is what we think of when people refer to "Alcohol abuse"! :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom