Smart Phone?

graphite1326

Ok a question for the not up to speed (and could care less) on smart phone folks. This will be my first visit with my smart phone. Always had a flip before and was easily stored in my pocket. Give me good ideas on how everyone goes to the parks with this bulky flat phone? I ride almost all the rides, upside down and wet ones.

dreamfinder

I think the only ride that was a problem was SoAT. Everything else it can just stay in your pocket.

Now if you wear wicked skinny jeans, or something similar, then it might be a problem for rides with a lap bar. Otherwise it shouldn't be an issue if your pockets are of reasonable size.

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
well I'm a man so.......................?
Get a man purse ...
20180423_173604.png

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

Or a f a n n y pack.... In all seriousness, I took a f a n n y pack and it was awesome for holding my phone, wallet, and other little things. Whenever I didn't want it to appear in pictures, I just turned it around and hid the strap under my shirt.

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
I normally have a drawstring/cinch bag with me, so when we're on a ride we'll put our phones/wallet/sunglasses etc in there. It's light and easy to carry around, and easy enough to secure on rides.

Upvote 0

maxime29

Premium Member
Unless you have narrow pockets where anything slides out of them then you should be fine. Sometimes I will bring a drawstring bag with a USB charging brick and keep it in there. I also use a smartwatch so I know if someone calls/messages me.

EDIT: Spash is one of the few rides where I leave my phone with a family member that doesn't want to get wet. If you don't have that luxury then they do sell water resistant pouches (like the ones you can basically have your phone in the pool). I found a pack of three on Amazon for about $10. They are sold under many different brands, but they all come from the same factory.

Upvote 0

DisAl

First, you WILL find good use for a smartphone in the parks for keeping up with or modifying fast passes, checking ride wait times, looking at restaurant menus to decide where to eat, and a map that shows where all the restrooms are. :D
We always put some "zip lock" sandwich bags in just in case we get caught in the 3:00 p.m. rain or go on a wet ride. Puting your wallet in one is not a bad idea either. You can get a box of 30 or 40 of them for just a few bucks.

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

Unless you have narrow pockets where anything slides out of them then you should be fine. Sometimes I will bring a drawstring bag with a USB charging brick and keep it in there. I also use a smartwatch so I know if someone calls/messages me.

EDIT: Spash is one of the few rides where I leave my phone with a family member that doesn't want to get wet. If you don't have that luxury then they do sell water resistant pouches (like the ones you can basically have your phone in the pool). I found a pack of three on Amazon for about $10. They are sold under many different brands, but they all come from the same factory.
You could also bring a zip lock bag with you and fold it up and keep it in a pocket.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Something else that is handy with a smart phone is taking pictures of stuff youbare intrested in buying but want to wait until later in your trip.

I follow the process of:
  1. Take a photo of what it is that has interested me.
  2. Take a pic of the price tag.
  3. Repeat above steps as needed.
  4. Take a photo of the store sign on the way out so I know where said items were.

Upvote 0

UncleMike101

Ok a question for the not up to speed (and could care less) on smart phone folks. This will be my first visit with my smart phone. Always had a flip before and was easily stored in my pocket. Give me good ideas on how everyone goes to the parks with this bulky flat phone? I ride almost all the rides, upside down and wet ones.
Get good insurance on your smart phone.........:)
My SIL lost his on a coaster ride at Busch Gardens and it was never retrieved.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom