Small World to be characterized?

mharrington

Original Poster
According to Screamscape.com:

WDW Mouse Tales has posted an interesting update this week from the park. In addition to the basic construction updates to Fantasyland and Main Street. Then they came across something that may give a clue as to what’s going on inside Small World during the current rehab. New Small World merchandise can now be found in Fantasyland gift shop outside Philharmagic that clearly shows classic Disney characters mixed in with the Small World dolls. Is a top secret upgrade to Small World taking place like the one done to Disneyland?

lownalo

I got to see IASW in DL after they added the characters. At first I though I was going to hate it. How dare they change this classic! But, during the ride, my wife and I had so much fun trying to find and point out all the characters. It was so much fun and seeing the different characters was wonderful, really adding to the ride as a whole. I hope MK IASW eventually adds the characters.

juan

I got to see IASW in DL after they added the characters. At first I though I was going to hate it. How dare they change this classic! But, during the ride, my wife and I had so much fun trying to find and point out all the characters. It was so much fun and seeing the different characters was wonderful, really adding to the ride as a whole. I hope MK IASW eventually adds the characters.

I agree, I've only ridden DL's twice and still haven't seen them at all. They are tactfully done so it's hard to notice them. I don't see it as a bad issue if it ever occurred at MK.

SeaCastle

I agree, I've only ridden DL's twice and still haven't seen them at all. They are tactfully done so it's hard to notice them. I don't see it as a bad issue if it ever occurred at MK.

I'll echo these remarks. They made it sound like the world was going to end when they announced they were to add characters. It hardly changed the ride experience that much, and, if anything, made it slightly more enjoyable. It's not in-your-face or glaring like the other times Disney has attempted to plaster characters all over the place.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I thought I saw on another site the Jim Hill said they were putting the Disney characters in IASW.

His last article actually said the refurb was less about the "show elements" and more towards correcting entrance/exit issues.....:)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That got me thinking -wouldn't that mean the "facade" would have to switch places?

I'm not certain about the facade you're describing. I believe what they're looking at doing is perhaps switching the current entrance/exit locations around, to help with handicapped access along with those on ECVs....

mightynine

I'm not certain about the facade you're describing. I believe what they're looking at doing is perhaps switching the current entrance/exit locations around, to help with handicapped access along with those on ECVs....

I'm talking about the clock and everything you see while waiting in the current entrance.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
That got me thinking -wouldn't that mean the "facade" would have to switch places?

No. We'll just walk behind and around the facade going in instead of going out. The exist will come up the current entrance ramp and out on the Pinocchio restaurant side instead of the old Skyway station side.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm talking about the clock and everything you see while waiting in the current entrance.

No. We'll just walk behind and around the facade going in instead of going out. The exist will come up the current entrance ramp and out on the Pinocchio restaurant side instead of the old Skyway station side.

Ok, I see what you meant by facade. And right, everything will just be essentially reversed. I think they're also considering a new locale for the stroller parking as well.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom