Small Studios Update

stevieg639

Original Poster
  • The San Francisco skyline scene is back to normal and looks great.

• Unfortunately Luxo Jr. was not working in the evening, but he was working earlier in the day, according to a TSMM manager.

• The Fountain outside the entrance of Muppets 3D was still not spinning. Miss Piggy has been stationary for the past week and if someone has an answer to that please let us know.

EPCOTPluto

• The San Francisco skyline scene is back to normal and looks great.

I never understood what was the whole controversy about. Were they about to change the overall facade? Was it meant to instigate a change to a overhaul to New York Street or was it meant to be replaced by the Chicago street idea?? :shrug:

goodolgm

Just an update on Luxo Jr., there was a construction screen around the area in which he appears, with workers on the inside doing whatever it is they do.

It really annoys me that lately there has been no thought given to the design/implementation of projects. The Stitch show, besides being a bad show to begin with, had a stage constructed in direct sunlight, no benches, no shade.

Now they build an Animatronic they HAD TO KNOW was going to be in direct sunlight, with rain almost daily. Two weeks later, it is already down.

Fountain of Nations is down and drained.

Effects all over not working.

I know I'm beating a dead dog on these boards, and I swore I never would, but does TDO really even consider quality or contingency plans anymore? Disney always used to be known for its "What if's?" Lately, plans have been rushed or compromised to save a buck and then faced hurdles and obstacles, and as a result suffer tremendously, or are given the axe altogether with no effort to fine-tune or fix the problem. I'm beginning to see it more and more, and quite frankly find it unacceptable.

Captain Chaos

Good.... don't you know there is a new sheriff in town??? All is well in the land of Disney.. So what that new AA's break down... So what that current refurbs are not up to par.... So what that maintenance is lacking... it is all part of the master plan...

Rob562

Just an update on Luxo Jr., there was a construction screen around the area in which he appears, with workers on the inside doing whatever it is they do.

It really annoys me that lately there has been no thought given to the design/implementation of projects. The Stitch show, besides being a bad show to begin with, had a stage constructed in direct sunlight, no benches, no shade.

Now they build an Animatronic they HAD TO KNOW was going to be in direct sunlight, with rain almost daily. Two weeks later, it is already down.

As far as I know, Luxo Jr is still in his Test & Adjust phase. Plus, he's an experimental new type of AA (all-electric). I'd cut them some slack on this one...

Fountain of Nations is down and drained.

As stated on the main WDWMagic page, this is presumed to be a precaution due to the electrical fire in that area a few days ago. The fire may have included some of the fountain's systems.

Though I *will* agree with you on the Stitch show and its stage... Rather poor planning and thought put into it by the Entertainment department...

-Rob

disnyfan89

As far as I know, Luxo Jr is still in his Test & Adjust phase. Plus, he's an experimental new type of AA (all-electric). I'd cut them some slack on this one...

As stated on the main WDWMagic page, this is presumed to be a precaution due to the electrical fire in that area a few days ago. The fire may have included some of the fountain's systems.

Though I *will* agree with you on the Stitch show and its stage... Rather poor planning and thought put into it by the Entertainment department...

-Rob
I don't know why people continue to complain about the lack of shade at the new TL stage. The last stage that was there never had any shade or benches. The castle stage, and several other performance spaces through out the resort don't have shade. The parades arn't always in shaded areas. Why does it suddenly matter that the new stage in TL has no shade?

jeopardyfish

Why does it suddenly matter that the new stage in TL has no shade?
I think the general opinion here is that it suddenly matters because Supersonic Celebration was apocalyptically bad. I can't speak to how it was, because I avoided the show like the plague on the reccomendation of everyone here, but that's the feeling, that people would stand in the sunlight for something, anything other than this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom