small My Pal Mickey Update

shari71

I cannot wait to get my Pal Mickey in Oct. Only problem is we will probably have to get two since I don't want to share with my daughter :lol: (and I have a second daughter that may want her own in a few years).

Mr. Toad

When we got ours they also opened a new box to give him to us. Interestingly enough, we had a coupon for a free day's rental. When we went back to tell them that we wanted to keep Mickey they took our coupon, gave us a credit for one day's rental on the card we used for the deposit, and then got a new Pal Mickey to give us. I was surprised by this and kindly asked if it would be OK if I could just keep the Mickey I already had. The lady said if that's what I wanted to do then that was fine.

I felt kind of silly but I had grown attached to this particular Mickey and I know my wife felt the same. There was also the fact that when entering the International Gateway he had commented on being excited on taking a trip around the world and the CM at the gate told me that I had a good one since it seemed most didn't talk when coming in this entrance.

But I really kept him for the sentimental reasons.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
For those who are wondering or waiting to see if he is really worth the money the best thing I can suggest is to rent one for the day. $8 is alittle easier to write off then $50 if you do not care for the PAL Mickey.

But let me reassure he is allot of fun, and reminds me of having my own little kid to keep reminding of things. Example... I was walking with PAL Mickey through Frontierland and within myself taking 5 steps he gave his signature "HAHA Oh Gosh" 4 times to remind me of 4 different things going on. From character meet and greets with Captain Hook and Mr Shmee to the Country Bears show.

At Epcot in about every country at World Showcase he tells you how to say Hello in the countries native language. So not only is it fun but educational.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by diegorivera2
I consider My Pal Mickey to be a $50 permanent tour guide; one that advises how long lines are, tells you which shows are up next, freely dispenses bits of trivia, and tells some really corny jokes.

It's been said that the release of My Pal Mickey 2.0 which *could* contain FastPass functionality or a built-in digital camera will be ready by next summer. Others are interested in a Spanish speaking My Pal Mickey. As far as the Big Brother component goes, while Imagineers can discern, based on the signals transmitted by the wireless network, traffic flow and length of time spent at various areas, it does not tie this data to specific consumers. Rather, it examines all of the My Pal Mickeys at any given time within the parks. So, think of it as a techno gadget more than a plush doll and enjoy! I understand My Pal Pooh is coming in Spring 2004!

It is interesting to have him go off about 4-5 hours in any one park saying "I sure have had fun today here havent you pal" So i would imagine he has some kinda of time of visit point where he says that.

As far as having a fast pass functinality I could not see a hand held paper spitting pal mickey. I could not see how they would get him to produce a ticket plus with a digital camera aspect there is a more "weight" concern and since Pal Mickey is targeted for kids a stronger chance of "opps breakage". Maybe a way where he can be scanned at a fast pass distrobution area via his nose and he stores it that way. That seems like allot of money spent in reorganizing, and tieing that to the network of fast pass.

Pal Pooh I could see would be a big seller. Dont know if that would cause another Pooh lawsuit though.

Gucci65

Could someone tell me how big Pal Mickey is? Does he come with a carrying strap? OR better yet could someone please post a picture.............

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by Gucci65
Could someone tell me how big Pal Mickey is? Does he come with a carrying strap? OR better yet could someone please post a picture.............

He is about 12 inches tall. Yes he does has a clip on to be used with a lanyard or belt I removed mine since I felt it got in the way.

I am currently working on a FAQ for the site here to give to Steve.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom