Small MK update

devoy1701

Original Poster
Hey guys, Just wanted to mention some things I noticed while at MK for the final MNSSHP on Friday. Nothing big, but just things that made me go "oooh"

-BTMRR, I thought we had all discussed that they were putting in a new chain during last month's rehab and that it was going to make the hill climb quiet....but the hill is still as loud as ever (if not louder).

-IASW, The Italian boy on the gondula is back after a couple months of him missing and the gondula not swaying back and forth.

-IASW, The Donald Duck Pinata in the Mexico scene is gone now along with the two boys that were swinging at him.

-Castle Dream Lights, Yes they're all done...but we've had some strong winds lately and a couple sets of strands were dangling off on the the right hand side that overlooks the walkway to Cosmic Ray's Cafe.

-Castle Dream Lights, I thought this one was weird and kind of tacky...but there was a strand of about twenty or so lights that was turned on Friday night on the tallest tower right below the first balcony. They were glowing for a good hour or so and were finally turned off about 5 minutes before Hallowishes played....which came on about 10 minutes late that night.

that's all I have that was worth mentioning... I tried taking pictures of the strand of Christmas lights that was on but I didn't bring my tripod!!! :zipit: So sorry about that....and I was taking scenery pictures for awhile but my gf's parents asked me why I was taking so many picture of nothing...so I had stopped taking them by the time I got on IASW and BTMRR.

TomorrowlandTyler

A new lift chain on BTMRR would not change the "loudness" of lift hill anyway. The loud clanking comes from the anti-rollback safety system which prevents the train from ever rolling back down the lift hill. For the sound to ever go away all the trains and lift hills would have to be retrofitted with the newer design like Everest has. Until then, if ever that is done, the clanking is here to stay.

Figment82

-IASW, The Donald Duck Pinata in the Mexico scene is gone now along with the two boys that were swinging at him.

Uh... that scene is in Gran Fiesta Tour over at the Mexico pavilion in Epcot. I know the two rides are similar (especially that particular room in GFT) but that scene is not in IASW. That's probably why you didn't see it! :lol:

Figment1986

I thought that was only in Mexico's attraction at Epcot... and maybe Hong Kong Disneyland's small world.

edit: The other figment got it seconds before me...

PBarton

A new lift chain on BTMRR would not change the "loudness" of lift hill anyway. The loud clanking comes from the anti-rollback safety system which prevents the train from ever rolling back down the lift hill. For the sound to ever go away all the trains and lift hills would have to be retrofitted with the newer design like Everest has. Until then, if ever that is done, the clanking is here to stay.
That's right - as you will notice, the loud clacking noise only occurs when the train goes up the lift hill - it is almost silent before and after.

Otherwise you would hear that loud noise all of the time!

DiPSU224

Good to see the little Italian boy is back. Hasn't he been gone since at least May? He wasn't there this year when I went. And, if I remember correctly, he was gone last May during my honeymoon.

Blackie Pueblo

Glad to see the Italian boy is back as well. Did he bring anything back for us or was he just visiting family? :ROFLOL:

"To all who come to this happy place...welcome!"
---Walter Elias Disney

devoy1701

Original Poster
ha...um....sry about the mix up with the Donald Duck Pinata...I only rode the refurbed Rio de Tempo once and I forgot that they has the same type of AAs! But the rest is true! I never realized how load the chain was for BTMRR when going up the hill, but I'm guessing some of that is added audio?

And the Italian boy was the only change I remember seeing on Friday, but that was because I remember all of us wondering where he went a couple months ago...I might have been imagining it though but IASW seemed alittle emptier than usual...as in missing some AAs...I mentioned it to my gf but I might have just never noticed that some of the scenes are kind of empty...don't take what I say for fact though...it was really the first time I went to MK looking for some updates to provide...I think someone else needs to verify. =) Thanks for being kind tho guys!

Loud Clanking on BTMRR simply means "Hey I'm not going to die if this sucker breaks down."

Simply, if the ride breaks down or has an E-Stop, the lift hill chain stops. With the anti-rollback system, the train also stops. Without it...HOLY CRAP RUNAWAY TRAIN.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Loud Clanking on BTMRR simply means "Hey I'm not going to die if this sucker breaks down."

Simply, if the ride breaks down or has an E-Stop, the lift hill chain stops. With the anti-rollback system, the train also stops. Without it...HOLY CRAP RUNAWAY TRAIN.

Not necessarily, there are lift hills with silent anti-rollback systems in place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom