Small Details

rocketman23

Original Poster
I'm curious what other small details Disney attractions have. For example, the one is the story of the ring at the Haunted Mansion and an other is at the ToT. It is at the message board at the junction for the two preshows. The night the lightning hit the tower, it shook the hotel, letters fell down, and spelled out "EVIL TOWER UR DOOMED". I also know a few props from that ride are from emipodes, such as the dummy at the end of the ride is named Ceasar. I always liked to see these little things no one notices. What other little nuggets have you got?

wyattkelly

Well, there's always the classic hidden mickeys, such as the boxer shorts with Mickey Mouse's head on the polka dots in "Snow White's Adventure". Another one of my favorites is the clown who's stuck in a balloon in "It's a Small World." he's frowning and has a sign that reads, "Help!"

Dizknee_Phreek

also, regarding props in ToT...there's a prop that i know well from one of the episodes...it's a little box with a devil's head on a spring on top of it. it was used in an episode with....well, i was gonna say William Shatner, but i'd be wrong. but this guy and his wife go into this cafe while their car is being fixed across the street. they sit at a booth that has this little box and when you put money in it, it would give you a card with your 'fortune' on it (if he had only waited around a few centuries, he could've gotten a Magic 8 Ball, which would've cost him a lot less money in the long run) anyway, he starts messing around with it for fun, but as some conencidential (sp?) things happen, he begins to believe it, and ends up letting it rule his life and money. so supposedly the fortune box is SOMEWHERE in the ToT...but since i have only ridden the ride once, and i heard about the prop after i had ridden it, i have no clue where it is.

btw, i was going to try to look up the name of the guy who stared in this ep. in my dad's twilight zone book with every ep in it...but i can't find it right now...i'll try to find out though and post it later.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by wyattkelly
Another one of my favorites is the clown who's stuck in a balloon in "It's a Small World." he's frowning and has a sign that reads, "Help!"

as a kid i always wondered why they had something so sad in a ride that was supposed to be so happy! i still don't really get it...

rocketman23

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
also, regarding props in ToT...there's a prop that i know well from one of the episodes...it's a little box with a devil's head on a spring on top of it. it was used in an episode with....well, i was gonna say William Shatner, but i'd be wrong. but this guy and his wife go into this cafe while their car is being fixed across the street. they sit at a booth that has this little box and when you put money in it, it would give you a card with your 'fortune' on it (if he had only waited around a few centuries, he could've gotten a Magic 8 Ball, which would've cost him a lot less money in the long run) anyway, he starts messing around with it for fun, but as some conencidential (sp?) things happen, he begins to believe it, and ends up letting it rule his life and money. so supposedly the fortune box is SOMEWHERE in the ToT...but since i have only ridden the ride once, and i heard about the prop after i had ridden it, i have no clue where it is.

Yes, I remember that episode, and the devil box is located in the preshow room on the top of the bookshelves.

Nova16

Which library is the Devil located in?

I've heard the backstory to Haunted Mansion, and while a few CMs deny it, and have come up with a new explanation, I still think that it was put there intentionally.

Has anyone else heard the story of Disney's dark humor? Such as one of the skeletons in Pirates of the Carribean is real, etc? Personally, I don't believe in the real skeleton.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by rocketman23
I'm curious what other small details Disney attractions have. For example, the one is the story of the ring at the Haunted Mansion

I hate to be a story killer, but the ring is actually part of a removed gate. It has been confirmed by a number of WDW CMs who saw the area, with and without the gate. :) I still like the ring story though! ;)

MKCustodial

I don't know about a real skeleton, but there's a ghost in POTC. :D

And there's also that old rumor that one of the singing busts in the HM was modeled after Walt (which is not true, they're the singing something's, they worked in many Disney movies and some attractions).

Also, have you noticed how the dogs are similar? The one at HM, POTC, BTM and CoP?

MajinBuu

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
well, i was gonna say William Shatner, but i'd be wrong

Actually it was William Shatner. I personally know the writer for "The Invaders" (i think thats what its titled) episode.

Merlin

Account Suspended
It was William Shatner, but the episode is called "Nick of Time" (I'm a huge Twilight Zone fan, which is why ToT is my favorite attraction).

I am unfamiliar with the "ring story" about the Haunted Mansion. Can someone fill me in?

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Merlin
I am unfamiliar with the "ring story" about the Haunted Mansion. Can someone fill me in?

If you look around the queue exiting HM, you'll find Master Gracey's wife wedding ring embedded (sp?) in the pavement. They were taking her to be buried, Madame Lenora spooked the carriage horses, the ring fell from the dead bride's finger and the horses trampled it into the ground.

Or something to that effect... :D

Steamboat_Kevin

Re: Re: Small Details

Originally posted by wdwmagic

I hate to be a story killer, but the ring is actually part of a removed gate. It has been confirmed by a number of WDW CMs who saw the area, with and without the gate. :) I still like the ring story though! ;)

I think the ring story is better also. Although it doesn't really go along with the storyline of the HM as much anymore because didn't they kind of ditch the whole bride idea and then moved it to Phantom Manor?

What's this about the sad clown at Small World? Does anyone have a picture? I would really love to see it.

xCinderellax

Is the bride in the haunted mansion the same bride that the ring belongs to? I've never heard that story! The bride creeps me out so much...my mom once took a picture of her...(even though you're not supposed to...:brick: ) It reminds me of a story I once read in a ghost story book about the bride who was playing hide and go seek with her husband, locked herself into a trunk in the attic, and nobody ever found her......

Dizknee_Phreek

thanks, Merlin and Ken-oh-ki! my dad told me one time while watching that episode that it was Shatner, but i could've sworn that later he said that it wasn't, it was somebody else. i guess i got confused with a different episode he said that on. anyway...plus, i looked Shatner up on Internet Movie Data Base right before i posted that message to see if i saw the episode. i remember seeing "Nick of Time" but for some reason i didn't think that was the episode's name (i don't know what i expected it to be called!) thanks for clearing that up you two!! :D

thanks, rocketman! if i ever scrap up the guts to ride ToT again, i'll have to remember to check out the library! btw, is the dummy also in the library?

rocketman23

Original Poster
No, the dummy is after the drop sequence has ended and you're pulling back to exit. In that room you pull back into, he's in there.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Haramby (?) village is just a visual feast of small detail. Perhaps most people dont see it during their sprint to the Safari:hammer:

DisneyFreak721

Okay, I hate to stop the Tower of Terror, Haunted Mansion, and Its a small world chatter, but there are a few small details that i love from other rides too.

In The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, there is a picture in Owl's House of Mr. Toad handing the deed to the ride over to owl.

Then I also like the gopher in Splash Mountain in the Laughing Place when he drops from the ceiling and says "Achoo" but sounds like "FSU" as in "Florida State University." I didn't know about that until a recent issue of Disney Magazine and after when I went on the ride, i went on it just looking for that gopher and I say it shouts FSU. Come to think of it, they mention that Mr. Toad one in the magazine as well.

I hate to drop this one too, especially since it wasn't at Walt Disney World, but the Haunted Mansion HOLIDAY at Disneyland had a lot of small details, like how the Raven, which is seen in many scenes troughout the normal haunted mansion tour, was replaced by the little vampire toy from the Nightmare Before Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom