Slowest time to go?

tractorm3

Hey all!

Can some one tell me when the value seasons are for wdw or when they have been in the past?

I always like to go when the parks are slower/off season. I tried to google it but I have not found much.

melmood2000

As far as I can tell Value Season is now more like value weeks. I would check Mousesavers.com they have a lot of information about cost and different dates.

Upvote 0

MaxsDad

I have been first week of September three times. It is pretty slow.

I have been in early Decemebr twice. It is slow, but try to avoid Pop Warner week.

Early May is pretty good too.

Upvote 0

CatsMeow

Below I have added some great links. From my own experience, the best times to visit are early to mid-February, May (except for the holiday weekend), mid to late August, September, early to mid November, first two weeks of December. Avoid the major holidays, spring break and June/July if you want to avoid crowds and perhaps find discounts and/or free dining packages. You may lose a bit on shorter park hours, but you will see more because of shorter lines. Spring is great at WDW, but that is when I have seen some of the worst crowds.

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwfaq.html#busy
http://allears.net/pl/planning.htm#when

Upvote 0

Tink ッ

I always go in September :) Weather is still very warm and crowds are low. And if I'm lucky I get to go to the MNSSHP too. But definitely check out that link from a pp from the mousesavers website :xmas:

Upvote 0

muse1983

Hey all!

Can some one tell me when the value seasons are for wdw or when they have been in the past?

I always like to go when the parks are slower/off season. I tried to google it but I have not found much.

Honestly it's a hit or miss. We went when it was suppose to be dead, yet everyday we were at a park it was swamped.

Upvote 0

draybook

Either this September was a fluke or the secret is out. It was NOT empty from 9/8-9/16. It wasn't Phase 3 closing packed, but it was not as empty as it used to be in September. There were a TON of Euros and Brazilians, so I think there must have been some special occasion this year.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

we were at mk yesterday (dec 10) and they added extra ropes for thunder mountain and said they were expecting about 65,000 guests. yes pop warner is already there. we were also there for a full week nov 27-dec 3rd and they were busier than the past few years imo. but this time frame, roughly the 1st two weeks of dec are considered fall season now not value season. i have to say i really like going this time of year but it's certainly busier each year. mid-late january is a pretty good time to go as well but, like late nov-dec, the temps can be all over the place.

Upvote 0

POTC

I always go late August, early Sept and there are very low crowds. Went to MK from opening to 3:30ish and did everything in the park. Walked up on Splash Mountain 3 times and Dumbo had a 10min wait

Upvote 0

DisneyRunner

My sister is staying at POP this week. She asked about the occupancy level and they said they were at 100%. Even the CM's were surprised at how busy it was.

Upvote 0
Not sure about the other times people have mentioned but for certain mid November is nowhere near as slow as it used to be. I have been 6 times since 2003 in nov. and it gets busier each year. There apparently isnt a slow time anymore. Really takes away from the experience in my opinion. We vote that they build a Disneyland in Brazil and never give out any more discounts!!! Then we could really enjoy all the things the World has to offer.

Upvote 0

JAG107

Watch out for president's week, it's very busy. From our experience so far (May, Nov, late Jan and Feb trips), early May has been the best. 80's and almost a ghost town (this was in 07).

Upvote 0

pcarathers

We check in on January 15-21st. HOPING that it will be SLOW...i can handle the weather changes. First time going in January...been in October, December, and May. Have to say Loved all 3, but October was the best for us. Loved the Christmas Decoration in December and the Flower/Garden Festival in May, but OCTOBER ROCKED! Crowds were light, weather was GREAT! Planning a 2nd trip in 2012 for October to take my nieces and nephews for the MNSSHP!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Aurora79

We always go in the middle of January, after all the holiday crowds have left, and try to go a bit after the marathon as well. Sure, it might be a bit chilly for Florida standards, but it is till warmer than where we live. Although I'm a bit concerned this year since we will be there for MLK day and touring plans has the possible crowd level as 8/10.....

Upvote 0

Disneydreamer23

i was there oct 29-nov 12 and lets put it this way i didnt use any of my fast passes and waited no more than 20 min ever in 2 weeks and peter pan was only a 15 min wait and toystory was a 30 i believe but only took 20

Upvote 0

tractorm3

Original Poster
Thank you al for the responces!!!!

We would love to go in Jan for sure but it appears we just arent going to have the $$. been a tough fall!

I think we are going to shoot for early Sept. Would love to try it out and have our favorite rides still open. The only ride I really get bummed when it closes is splash mtn. Dont want to go to close to Xmas since something about the xmas decorations just doesnt do it for me!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom