Slip and Fall suit - read it all!

songbird

Actually yes, you would have a suit -- but the damages are so small that it's not worth the effort for most lawyers to bring suit.

I read the documents posted...and as an attorney I would have counseled plaintiff not to pursue the second appeal. the reversal of the summary judgment motion was proper, she raised a triable issue as to whether there was a dangerous condition that led to her fall. But she couldn't prove her case, her specials were paid by WDW, and the amount she may collect for apin and suffering (after her attorney's fee) is too small to justify the costs of an appeal.

freediverdude

I'm wondering, what caulking?? Are they talking about those rubber strips that they put in between the rails for the horse-drawn streetcar? I've always wondered about people tripping on those tracks. The only other thing I can think of is just the cracks in the sidewalk, which are everywhere, unavoidable. That person must have been really upset, and has now gone on this crusade or something, to keep pursuing this.

kimmychad

I'm wondering, what caulking?? Are they talking about those rubber strips that they put in between the rails for the horse-drawn streetcar? I've always wondered about people tripping on those tracks. The only other thing I can think of is just the cracks in the sidewalk, which are everywhere, unavoidable. That person must have been really upset, and has now gone on this crusade or something, to keep pursuing this.

some people look at disney and just get dollar signs in their eyes

echoscot

^Then there are those who may have legitimately had a small accident but they meet up with a lawyer who has $$$, we politely refer to them as "ambulance chasers".

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
The streets and sidewalks of my hometown are far worse than anything at WDW, and in the winter, they're covered with snow and ice. I suppose if my hometown were rolling in the dough, there would be lawsuits there too. Far too many lawyers and people out for a quick buck in this country. I watch where I'm walking and if I fall, I blame it on myself for not being careful.

kimmychad

^Then there are those who may have legitimately had a small accident but they meet up with a lawyer who has $$$, we politely refer to them as "ambulance chasers".

yes i agree that some lawyers are "very eager" to pursue a seemingly small claim. but it just seems you hear alot of people that sue for the dumbest things - using your lawnmower for a hedge trimmer and then suing the manufacturer because they didnt put a warning label on the mower? come on. and the guy that set his winebago on cruise control and got up and walked away and sued because the vehicle crashed! common sense seems to have been forgotten about in this country. its always who can i blame for my problems. gets kind of old

AlishaMisha

then she should have been a prostitute

:lol: That's what I wanted to say but I didn't want to be the lonely one in the gutter...

Now that we are here you wanna play Go-Fish? Rock-Paper-Sissors?! Come on! It's lonely here!

:king: ~Leash

BTW I Love your avatar. Can you do me a favor though and post or pm a bigger picture as I can not see the details?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom