Slip and Fall suit - read it all!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
check the clerks site and the fed. regulations site... there's interesting things on those as well.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Becareful of the caulk. It may be you some day. :eek:

How do you find all this stuff Merf??

I search the comptroller's website because Disney files work permits before they do projects, so it's a head's up of things they've not publicized but are moving forward on.

You do have to sort through hundreds of documents of DVC lease agreements and inane stuff like restroom rennovations, but occasionally you find something interesting. Usually the WDI permits are the best.

echoscot

What I thought was funny was the 5th DCA statements where they use the term Walt Disney to describe the company instead of the Walt Disney World Co. or the Walt Disney Co.

"Walt Disney was negligent in blah blah blah" Of course he was negligent, he's been dead for 41 years, you dolt!

WDW Monorail

I search the comptroller's website because Disney files work permits before they do projects, so it's a head's up of things they've not publicized but are moving forward on.

You do have to sort through hundreds of documents of DVC lease agreements and inane stuff like restroom rennovations, but occasionally you find something interesting. Usually the WDI permits are the best.

Do you actually look through all that stuff? I do as well, but narrow it down to the more interesting articles (for me). Anyway, I'm sure you know about the NC search...

PhotoDave219

danv3

Interesting case history. Disney won on summary judgment back in 2005. The plaintiff appealed and won, sending the case back to the trial court. Disney won a directed verdict this past fall (meaning the judge ruled in their favor at trial without giving the case to the jury). The plaintiff has now filed another appeal.

What's weird is that there can't possibly be enough potential damages in this case to justify two appeals. :shrug:

echoscot

What makes this suit even weirder is that the plaintiff acknowledges that DIsney ALREADY paid a settlement and paid the medical bills for her knee problem that resulted from the fall.....so WHAT MORE DOES SHE POSSIBLY WANT?????:eek:

Mr Bill

You haven't been telling us about restroom renovations? :eek:

What else are you holding out on?!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Interesting case history. Disney won on summary judgment back in 2005. The plaintiff appealed and won, sending the case back to the trial court. Disney won a directed verdict this past fall (meaning the judge ruled in their favor at trial without giving the case to the jury). The plaintiff has now filed another appeal.

What's weird is that there can't possibly be enough potential damages in this case to justify two appeals. :shrug:

Sure, now she suing for damages plus lawyer fees plus interest plus mental anguish over the case lasting so long.

daverube

What makes this suit even weirder is that the plaintiff acknowledges that DIsney ALREADY paid a settlement and paid the medical bills for her knee problem that resulted from the fall.....so WHAT MORE DOES SHE POSSIBLY WANT?????:eek:

A judgement so that her attorney can get paid????

Foolish1

Back in November I slipped and tore up my knee while going down the monorail ramp at EPCOT Center. (Sorry, it will always be EC to me, but I digress.) Why? Well, lots of water on the ramp. But what gets me is that it had been at least 4 or 5 hours since it had rained that day. I complained at Guest Relations, and then went to First Aid. I was told they would get somebody to "mop it up", or whatever they do to that. Now, I was not running. I don't run. I messed up one of my knees back in high school, so I don't do a lot of running since. Was I walking fast? I guess a brisk walk, but not really that fast. So who do I blame? I partly blame myself. Luckily no permanent damage other than needing a few band aids, which first aid got me. Yes, I was very disappointed that Disney let that happen, though.

So based upon the caulk case, do I have a case now? :drevil:

(No, I don't plan on suing.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom