Sleepy Hollow

HollyAD

Original Poster
Have I been missing out by not visiting Sleepy Hollow for lunch? Just saw it mentioned on here and looked up the menu. This looks like a cool place to grab some lunch that doesn't consist of a burger or turkey leg (not that I mind these items). Since I don't get the dinning plan, I am always on the look out for something a little different to eat that's not pricey. What do you guys think of this place and what do you order? Can't believe I didn't know about this place!

Rob562

I haven't tried their sandwiches, but it's my go-to location for the ice cream cookie sandwich.

For counter-service lunch I prefer to go around the corner to Columbia Harbor House.

-Rob

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I haven't tried their sandwiches, but it's my go-to location for the ice cream cookie sandwich.

For counter-service lunch I prefer to go around the corner to Columbia Harbor House.

-Rob
I would give the spicy chicken waffle sandwich a whirl. There is just something awesome about the combination of sweet and savory.

NiarrNDisney

The food great! I am a soup fan so since SH tends to have 1 or 2 on the menu at one time its a great place for a light lunch. Add anything from their menu with a baked potato or other items that can be found at the Liberty Square market and I am certain everyone in your party will be happy.

GSP Guy

Every time I go to MK I plan to get a nutella and fruit waffle sandwich but always seem to get sidetracked! Maybe on my upcoming visit, they sure look good!

Dad 2 M & M

Another often overlooked place is Liberty Square Market...Sweet and Baked potatoes, corn on the cobb, fresh fruit, and an assortment of sandwiches!

Pooh Lover

The waffle sandwiches are definitely unique! I prefer the nutella one to the savoury ones!
The nutella would definitely be my choice. I think the problem is that its so hot out that I can't bear to think about eating a huge waffle sandwich, although a big bite or two wouldn't hurt! ;)

BoarderPhreak

Every time I go to WDW I say, "I'm gonna get a funnel cake!"

Yet some how I never end up getting one for whatever reason. ARGH! :eek:

More reason to go back. :D

Rob562

I've never been to Sleepy Hollow, either. Are there places to sit inside?

It only has outdoor seating, some at tables in the open air along a wall along the castle moat, others in shade under a trellis around behind Sleepy Hollow.

If you want indoor seating, you can carry your food around the corner and go inside Columbia Harbor House or up into Fantasyland to Village Haus.

-Rob

GatorAsh

Oh, now this is a thread I can get in to! I LOVE all places mentioned- Liberty Square Market, Columbia Harbor House, and Sleepy Hollow.
We had a ice cream cookie sandwich a few months ago, and it was tasty, but the cookies were really hard and crumbly and fell apart with each bite. I was hoping they would be soft. The ice cream inside was delish, though.

Valentines and F&G Disney trips by GatorAsh11, on Flickr

Valentines and F&G Disney trips by GatorAsh11, on Flickr
When I was there last Sunday, I tried the Sweet and Spicy chicken waffle and the Chicken and Rice soup. Not the best combination on an 80 degree Florida day.

Untitled by GatorAsh11, on Flickr

The sandwich was just okay. It had a funky spicy flavor (like you could really taste the flavoring, I don't know how to describe it. One of the spices tasted off to me...). And the soup, well, it was described as 'chicken and rice' so I was surprised to open it up to find cream of chicken and rice.
The people in front of me ordered the Ham and Swiss waffle, which is what I'll be getting next time. The ham looked pretty quality, and it was topped with a ton of arugula and these deep red, almost fake looking tomato slices. The Nutella waffle is on my list too.
Now on to Liberty Square Market:

These:

While riding this:

Solo Veteran's Day Trip by GatorAsh11, on Flickr
Or, as pictured, riding this:

Also acceptable on both of these:

But oh how I miss when these pickles were just floating around in a giant barrel of brine, and you plucked one out with tongs and went on your merry way...

This barrel is from the TSI queue, but you get the idea...

NiarrNDisney

Don't forget - Besides the huge delicious Dill Pickles Liberty Square Market also has Baked Potato's and Sweet Potato'swhich is great for vegetarians or someone looking for a healthier option among the burgers and fries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom