News Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be refurbished

mickEblu

@yensidtlaw1969 you would think that they wouldn’t cheap out for the centerpiece of the park and such an iconic structure. All so this requires less maintenance in the future. I’d rather have what appear to be like real materials even If they wear down faster. So what replace the shingles every 10-15 years Disney. You have the money.

yensidtlaw1969

It isn't even the original castle anymore?
I believe it's just the blue, shingled roofs that have been replaced. There's talk that some of them suffered some damage around the 50th Anniversary that never quite got properly resolved, and that the false-roof overlays that were part of the 60th Anniversary decor did further damage to even more of the original roof structures. It sounded like the issue ran deeper than simply needing to replace some shingles.

The rest of the castle, as far as I know, is still its original, old self. Thankfully.

Animaniac93-98

giphy.gif

Off topic, but lets take a moment to appreciate the fact that all the sparkles in this shot were drawn by hand, one frame at a time! It's maddening to think about the amount of time it would have taken to do this, but that's why Sleeping Beauty took years to make and looks as good as it does. A perfect example of "they don't make 'em like they used too".

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I'd love to see it soon. I was watching ThemeParkObsession on YT the other day and the kid said it looks better in person than it does on camera.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom