Skyway?

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by dizpins14
From what I've heard a cast member died by getting pulled into the big gears pulling the car, but also people spit and dropped stuff on guests below. I think many parks with skyways have closed them down due to legal issues. Plus this is my 100th post!!!!!

That's completely untrue... from snopes.com:

In February 1999, a park custodian at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom was killed when the skyway started up expectedly while he was cleaning one of its platforms. Raymond Barlow, 65, was sweeping off a narrow skyway platform inaccessible to park guests an hour after the park's 9:00 A.M. opening when other cast members, unaware of his presence, started up the ride. Barlow, startled by the approaching gondola, grabbed onto it and tried to climb inside; he fell 40 feet into a flower bed, hitting a tree on the way down, and died.

wanabeimagineer

I found a rumor on this site saying that with CoP closing and the empty skyway building, they would gut the Space Mountain building and rebuild the track making it sort of a launch into the attraction, using the space form CoP and the skyway station. This doesnt seem likely at all, but hey you asked for ANY rumors :)

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by wanabeimagineer
I found a rumor on this site saying that with CoP closing and the empty skyway building, they would gut the Space Mountain building and rebuild the track making it sort of a launch into the attraction, using the space form CoP and the skyway station. This doesnt seem likely at all, but hey you asked for ANY rumors :)

I've heard this as well...

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

I've heard this as well...

I don't see it happening. That would cost a ton of cash. And truthfully it wouldn't help the ride a lot. People ride it now. Making it more intense will turn people away because they like the tame coaster.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

I don't see it happening. That would cost a ton of cash. And truthfully it wouldn't help the ride a lot. People ride it now. Making it more intense will turn people away because they like the tame coaster.

Yeah, I really don't see this happening either... and I really don't want this to happen. I like SM the way it is.

dizpins14

maybe they could make those beams for the ride not pass so close this way you can raise your arms with out being afraid of losing a fingure:lol: :lol:

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by dizpins14
maybe they could make those beams for the ride not pass so close this way you can raise your arms with out being afraid of losing a fingure:lol: :lol:

That's one of the best aspects of the ride... not knowing where you are, what's around you, or how fast you are going. But rest assured, Disney made sure there is no possible way you could lose a limb by raising your arms..... its those really, really old wooden roller coasters that you have to look out for. :eek:

TURKEY

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

That's one of the best aspects of the ride... not knowing where you are, what's around you, or how fast you are going. But rest assured, Disney made sure there is no possible way you could lose a limb by raising your arms..... its those really, really old wooden roller coasters that you have to look out for. :eek:

Yea, like Big Thunder Mountain.

NowInc

The "empty space" in tommorowland is one of the most interesting things actually...the location is prime for almost ANYTHING (as soon as they officially get rid of CoP....shush)...im very curious to see what happens ;)

Luau Cove

I think SM doesn't need to be changed at all. The fact that you don't have to raise your arms gives the rider another alternative to usual mountains, plus, the thing of raising your arms is feeling that you are not attached to anything at all, in SM you can just not grab the safety bar and leave your arms extended to feel almost the same.
-->LUAU

Pioneer Hall

I once rode Space Mountain when the lights are on and believe me you are far away from those beams. But it adds to the thrill if you think you can get hit. If you are about 6'5 or so then you can put your hands up

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom