skyride?????

DigitalDisney

I think a lot of parks still have sky bucket rides. I know SFoG (Six Flags over Georgia) still has one, and I ride it on every trip to the park (pending the line length).

WDW's Skyway definately had it's high and low points. It gave excellent views of the park, but it also allowed backstage viewing as well. The rooftops of the Fantasyland buildings aren't so magical from up high in the air.

However, the turn in Tomorrowland was somewhat innovative. I don't know of any other park that has a 90 degree turn on their Sky Bucket ride.

Danny14

I haven't been to Disney since February 2003. Has anything happened to the skyride stations since then? I remember the Fantasyland station looked really strange without any real purpose.

MissM

The Fantasyland station is now boarded up and they've drained the little lake. It will be part of the new Small World makeover, acting as a stroller parking to clear up the walkway space between Small World and Peter Pan (which previously was so crowded you'd not be able to get through on busy days). The entrance and exits are being swapped as part of the Small World makeover and thus the station will be the perfect place to park the stroller.

Though I must say I'll be sad to see the little grassy area and lake gone. (The building is going to stay though.) It was just pretty.
-m

Bluewaves

I've also heard that the company that originally built the rides in most the theme parks mentioned went out of business and that getting parts for the skyrides was near impossible and that in some cases to get the parts that were needed it was a custom type job that needed to be made by hand so it became very expensive to maintain and that some parks like six flags are able to operate their skyrides due to the availabilty of parts from cannablizing bits for other cabs and such. I don't know if this is completely true but the person I heard it from is pretty well versed in the amusement biz and spends more time in parks than I could ever hope to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom