Skull Kingdom

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Does anyone remember Orlando's Skull Kingdom?

skullkingdom.jpg
http://www.orlandofloridasucks.com/skullkingdom.jpg

I never visited it (far too afraid) but I alway's loved to drive past it when I was little and was very sad to hear it get torn down.

That being said, does anyone have any pictures/videos/memories of it/
I am interested in what it was like.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
I always wanted to go there but never quite made it.

Same thing with the Xanadu House of the Future in Kissimmee.
http://www.lostparks.com/xanadu.html

It's sad to see buildings go unused like that.

I remember passing it and being VERY freaked.

:lol: Same here. It is pretty intimidating.

Funnily enough, I used to have a brochure from Skull Kingdom. I can't remember what happened to it. (along with half of my vintage Orlando maps)

Jasonflz

Original Poster
No. Because of the ghetto arcade Hollywood horror nights cheap stuff tourist trap that was, Skull Kingdom.

:lol:

*May be overstating my hate for it for comedy purposes.

:lol: I get you. I would be lying if I said that I didn't miss seeing it, though.

EPCOTPluto

:D I remember this a lot. Like everyone else who just posted, I never actually went in. Rather, I was more fascinated with it.

From what I remember, it was just your average haunted residence. Since I was little, there ws no way my parents would've even go near to it. :lol: I think there was somebody who actually sold Skull Kingdom parts via MySpace back in 2007... or 2008? Either way, wonder who would bought the giant skull - and why?

I always wanted to go there but never quite made it.

Same thing with the Xanadu House of the Future in Kissimmee.
http://www.lostparks.com/xanadu.html
Sad it's gone. Always wanted to live in one similar to it... :lookaroun

magicmaya

:lol::lookaroun Creeepy.

:lol: So I'm guessing you never went? :lookaroun

yeah, here in atlanta, we have this place called netherworlds and Its one of the top 10 haunted houses in america. My friends keep trying to get me to go and I'm too freaked out. I hate peer pressure. :lol:

Jasonflz

Original Poster
what about King Henrys Feast?

I don't know what happened with it.

:D I remember this a lot. Like everyone else who just posted, I never actually went in. Rather, I was more fascinated with it.

From what I remember, it was just your average haunted residence. Since I was little, there ws no way my parents would've even go near to it. :lol: I think there was somebody who actually sold Skull Kingdom parts via MySpace back in 2007... or 2008? Either way, wonder who would bought the giant skull - and why?

Sad it's gone. Always wanted to live in one similar to it... :lookaroun

Same here. I alway's enjoyedpassing by and wondering what was inside, waiting for unsuspecting visitors. :lol:

As for the skull, no one bought. If you go onto Youtube, you can find several videos of it being demolished.

yeah, here in atlanta, we have this place called netherworlds and Its one of the top 10 haunted houses in america. My friends keep trying to get me to go and I'm too freaked out. I hate peer pressure. :lol:

You should try it for Halloween, just in case they are going to tear it down.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Went there once and it was your typical I-drive fair. Overpriced and fairly underwhelming.

Here is a great link to many now defunct Florida attractions and theme parks like Splendid China, Six Gun Territory, King Henry's feast as well as the topic at hand...Skull Kingdom.

http://www.lostparks.com/index.html

Laura

Premium Member
Aw they tore that down??? I have a VERY vague memory of visiting that place (or something like it) when I was really young, maybe 5 (1986?). I remember something with a talking skull near the entrance. Am I crazy? Now I need to email my dad and ask him about it. :lol:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Skull Kingdom was so BA looking, always liked seeing the outside. Never did get to go inside. It sucks driving past an empty lot now.

There's some other castle place still up on 192, but I can't say I ever remember seeing it even open. :shrug: :lol: Wonder what was there.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Aw they tore that down??? I have a VERY vague memory of visiting that place (or something like it) when I was really young, maybe 5 (1986?). I remember something with a talking skull near the entrance. Am I crazy? Now I need to email my dad and ask him about it. :lol:
It was probably something like it as Skull Kingdom opened in 1993.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom