Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

Mike S

Original Poster
I've got a very interesting update for all of you. It seems someone at Universal wasn't that careful when they took this picture.
image.jpg

Concept art behind him and blueprints that are clearly for King Kong cause if you look closely you can see the movie logo.
image.jpg

http://thrillgeek.com/new-photos-possible-kong-blueprints-give-us-idea-ride/

Mike S

Original Poster
I believe that is concept art for somthing else.
The coaster might be something else but the art right above his head does look like the huge Skull Island gate. Also isn't the one right next to him showing the giant bat things that attacked Kong in his cave?
image.jpg

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

The coaster might be something else but the art right above his head does look like the huge Skull Island gate. Also isn't the one right next to him showing the giant bat things that attacked Kong in his cave?
View attachment 78976
Yes, that's a Terapusmordax from Peter Jackson's 2005 King Kong. The concept art definitely hints at AAs in the queue and I have to laugh at Universal's idea of "Kid Friendly". Haha.

Last edited:

Mike S

Original Poster
Yes, that's a Terapusmordax from Peter Jackson's 2006 King Kong. The concept art definitely hints at AAs in the queue and I have to laugh at Universal's idea of "Kid Friendly". Haha.
AA's in the queue? Awesome :D I loved seeing the Goblins in Gringotts and the other AA's around Diagon Alley. Nice to hear Universal is continuing that trend.

Also, the movie came out in 2005 ;)

Tony Perkis

Yes, that's a Terapusmordax from Peter Jackson's 2005 King Kong. The concept art definitely hints at AAs in the queue and I have to laugh at Universal's idea of "Kid Friendly". Haha.
I like it. We now have two definitions of "kid friendly".

Disney's is "caters to kids, adults dragged on".

Universal's is "kids are theoretical able to ride safely".

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom