Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
WoW!!!! Do you think they'll be putting up larger walls soon? I can't imaging they'll want guests to be able to see so much:confused:
Two weeks ago, the crane was visible from many vantage points. No vertical steel at that point, but there was no real attempt to hide the crane at all.

Nick Wilde

heavybreathing.jpg

fugawe09

WoW!!!! Do you think they'll be putting up larger walls soon? I can't imaging they'll want guests to be able to see so much:confused:

These days it's hard to keep prying eyes out with taller fence. There are plenty of GoPro cameras on extendo-sticks that I've seen around construction sites at all the parks. From a practical standpoint, plywood comes in 4x8 sheets and building a solid fence taller than 8' that can handle a wind load starts to become an engineering issue.

Given the fact that Universal allowed semi-trucks to drive through USF during park hours while building Transformers, I don't think they are too worried about how disruptive construction is.

Cam Eplion

I take it you guys haven't heard. I was on Screamscape a while back and I was reading up on the updates of "konstrucion" as they call it lol. But according to a few Uni Insiders...this ride will be a mixture of screens as well as AA's. It also stated that Uni will have a "yeti killer" which is going to be an AA of the big guy himself, running after you as in chasing the car your in. Ladies and gentlemen we are in for quite a ride.

Mike S

Original Poster
I take it you guys haven't heard. I was on Screamscape a while back and I was reading up on the updates of "konstrucion" as they call it lol. But according to a few Uni Insiders...this ride will be a mixture of screens as well as AA's. It also stated that Uni will have a "yeti killer" which is going to be an AA of the big guy himself, running after you as in chasing the car your in. Ladies and gentlemen we are in for quite a ride.
I heard that too, but the running Kong rumor has kind of been squashed already due to logistics. The rest about AA's and screens is still true as far as I know from what everyone says on here as well as Orlando United.

Cam Eplion

Well thank you for letting me know. And also have you heard anything on which film this ride will be based on? The 2005 film or the new reboot coming in 2016? I love Peter Jackson's version but since the new one isn't out yet, I can't speak on that one.

Mike S

Original Poster
Well thank you for letting me know. And also have you heard anything on which film this ride will be based on? The 2005 film or the new reboot coming in 2016? I love Peter Jackson's version but since the new one isn't out yet, I can't speak on that one.
That is one thing no one has specified so far and I'm curious about it too. If I had to make an educated guess I would say the new movie to tie them together.

Cam Eplion

I really want the look of Kong from the 2005 movie if there could only be one thing from the 2005 movie added into the ride. The look gave Kong more f a backstory as well as making him look fantastic. The scratches, scars, and bits of hair torn of him told you that he's been beat up and been in many fights and still goes on to live another day because he has the will and brute strength to win. Also since Legendary is now with Universal and they are making the Skull Island film together, I only thought of one thing and that was Godzilla. Now many people have been speculating on Kong v Zilla but as a fan of both KK and GZ I don't want that to happen. But as a curious fan you get to thinking well now since Uni basically has the rights to Zilla now since they will be releasing a sequel in 2016 or 2017 could there be potential for a Zilla attraction at Uni? Of course my mind goes straight to the Studios and right over to Disaster and the SF section of the park, which is where most of Zilla 2014 takes place in. Could there be that potential?

Mike S

Original Poster
I really want the look of Kong from the 2005 movie if there could only be one thing from the 2005 movie added into the ride. The look gave Kong more f a backstory as well as making him look fantastic. The scratches, scars, and bits of hair torn of him told you that he's been beat up and been in many fights and still goes on to live another day because he has the will and brute strength to win. Also since Legendary is now with Universal and they are making the Skull Island film together, I only thought of one thing and that was Godzilla. Now many people have been speculating on Kong v Zilla but as a fan of both KK and GZ I don't want that to happen. But as a curious fan you get to thinking well now since Uni basically has the rights to Zilla now since they will be releasing a sequel in 2016 or 2017 could there be potential for a Zilla attraction at Uni? Of course my mind goes straight to the Studios and right over to Disaster and the SF section of the park, which is where most of Zilla 2014 takes place in. Could there be that potential?
I hope there's potential for that. I would love a Godzilla attraction. I like the look of the 2005 movie too but I'm thinking it makes the most sense to base it off the new movie that will be coming out the same year the ride opens. I also don't want to see King Kong v. Godzilla. Shortest movie ever. One stomp and Kong is squashed like a bug :p

JordanNite

Props to Universal once again - but (and it's not a bad thing) this will essentially be the Kong ride at Hollywood, with a more glossy themeing surroundings. The one extra may be perhaps they have an actual animatronic of Kong at the end as a suprise.

Cam Eplion

And it's nice to have insiders actually hearing that there might be a few AA's, the thought of them even hearing about them should somewhat tell that Uni IS planning on an AA or AA's in the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom