Skipping out on HS or half day it, worth it?

KBLovedDisney

I am going to Ak, MK and Epcot with a break day in between AK and MK and going to Disney Springs to do some shopping.

Is it worth skipping out on Hollywood Studios all together, or should I make an effort for at least a half day?

What do you guys think?

Weather_Lady

I'd do a morning at HS, at least. If you get there before rope drop you'll be able to hit all the highlights before lunch (especially if you've got FP+ for a couple of things). Then you can head out to DS for a leisurely afternoon/evening.

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I'd do a morning at HS, at least. If you get there before rope drop you'll be able to hit all the highlights before lunch (especially if you've got FP+ for a couple of things). Then you can head out to DS for a leisurely afternoon/evening.
Man, I wish Disney sold half-day tickets. Just discussed this with the hubs and found out that we won't be able to swing this costs this time around.

Bleh. Oh well. Thanks for the info though guys! Next trip, we are DEFINITELY putting at least a half day down for this park!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Man, I wish Disney sold half-day tickets. Just discussed this with the hubs and found out that we won't be able to swing this costs this time around.

Bleh. Oh well. Thanks for the info though guys! Next trip, we are DEFINITELY putting at least a half day down for this park!

I feel you! It's painful to shell out a full day's ticket price for a half-day park (although thanks to the fact that longer tickets cost less per day, you're not necessariily paying the full cost of a 1-day ticket if you add on: if you're going from a 3-day to a 4-day ticket, you're paying about $70 more per person, and if going from a 4-day to 5-day, the increase is only $20/ticket). It's always nice to leave a few things for next time. :)

Upvote 0

Disneyfreak Jen

Out of all the parks HS is my least favorite. I do enjoy some things there, however, and work it as my arrival day park.

I am waking up at 2:45am to leave the house by 3:45 to get to the airport. I land around 8:30, get to the resort between 9:15 and 10am, and then start the Magic! Since I’ve been go-go-go (and didn’t sleep great the night before) I do HS. I can take my time and not feel rushed. I see everything I want at a relaxed pace. I spend the day until dinner time then usually call it quits. If you’re on the fence doing it on arrival day may work for you too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom