Skip Tower of Terror video?

BeautyBelle

Does anyone know if it is possible to skip the video at the beginning of ToT? I know it is possible to skip the stretching room in Haunted Mansion but I haven't heard if ToT has a similar option. My daughter wants to try the ride but our last trip the video scared her too much so she had to leave the ride early - which funnily enough to get our of the ride before the boiler room she had to take an elevator which freaked her out! Poor kiddo

NelleBelle

Not sure about a way to bypass. From what I remember doing when I was in a wc, I sat in my chair all the way until we loaded and then they moved my chair to the end of the ride. But if she's freaked out about taking the elevator back out of the boiler room, is it wise to take her on the ride? My youngest son (who was 11 at the time) still gets quite nervous riding it--but GoTG he loves! Go figure 🤷‍♀️ Only you know your daughter. Good luck with her...we've always just done all the rides (except this one) with our kids, whether they wanted to or not, and now they ride everything and love it (including the giant coasters at Universal and 6 flags).

Upvote 0

BeautyBelle

Original Poster
Not sure about a way to bypass. From what I remember doing when I was in a wc, I sat in my chair all the way until we loaded and then they moved my chair to the end of the ride. But if she's freaked out about taking the elevator back out of the boiler room, is it wise to take her on the ride? My youngest son (who was 11 at the time) still gets quite nervous riding it--but GoTG he loves! Go figure 🤷‍♀️ Only you know your daughter. Good luck with her...we've always just done all the rides (except this one) with our kids, whether they wanted to or not, and now they ride everything and love it (including the giant coasters at Universal and 6 flags).
Thanks! It's her idea to try and go on the ride again. She knows it's my favorite and so she really wants to go on it with me. Which is sweet but I also think she's putting pressure on herself to do it. :( She's been watching videos of it so maybe now that she's tried it once the second time will be easier? Honestly I've been riding it since high school and I'm in my 30's now and it still freaks me out!

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I admit, while I love both towers, ToT makes my stomach a little more "queasy" than GoTG--it's likely the whole "dark" aspect of it. Is s think it also freaks me out still (on both) that there is really nothing to hang on to!! LOL. How old is your DD? I admit, until my oldest was about 12, he was nervous to ride practically everything! Mind you, we've been taking this kid to WDW/DLR since he was 15mo and his brother since he was 4-weeks (that's a whole other story). But he just has always been a more timid kid. So we used to buy him pins of the rides he "conquered" to put on his lanyard. Youtube wasn't really a big thing back when he started to ride the "big" rides, but even HM freaked him out. And I know, we were "those" parents (well, I was anyway, DH would let him do whatever he wanted if I let him) that made him ride everything. I did know his limits and because he was an extremely tall kid for his age (he was riding space mt and BTMRR at 3), I knew that some rides he would not do well on (e.g. orange side of Mission:Space, which I won't ever do again 🤢). But when his younger brother said he wanted to do ToT around 6, on it he went. He screamed and then afterwards had the biggest grin and said, "that was awesome!" SO...after this long ramble, maybe a little bribe will help? 😉

Upvote 0

BeautyBelle

Original Poster
My daughter is similar to your older son. She's 8 but very sensitive and cautious. We did try bribes in September - mom win! 😂 Sadly she still hated everything that we bribed her to try - FoP and Splash but I feel like I a forgetting one. Splash was so rough on her that the entire rest of the trip if something was a boat ride she made me ask the CM if it had a drop like Splash. She wouldn't take my word for it. Luckily we have a strong base of rides she does like, but none of the biggies. Though that does make FP day much less stressful!!

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

LOL...I haven't been able to get my oldest to try Splash but 2x in all the years we've gone! The first time he hated it--more so because I think he hated getting wet more so than the drop (although he just hated being wet from most water rides). But 2 yrs ago when we took him for his 8th grade grad. present in June, it was so hot, he agreed and because I got more wet than him, he actually enjoyed the ride. But oy! Hated getting wet but was the kid that loved the squirting water pad thing at Epcot!

At least you guys have a good amount that she'll do. My oldest finally got to where he ended up doing them because he was more embarrassed "chickening" out and then realized he actually had fun! This wasn't until he was 10ish. And who knows, she may not ever be into some rides (gasp, hopefully not)!!! I have a SIL who doesn't really ride a lot and so she is now the designated "bag" holder 😂

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom