Skip Epcot?

Britni p.

Original Poster
Hello! My family will be going on a 7 day WDW vacation this February! During our stay, I’m planning on 4 park days and 1 pool/ resort day. We try to go to Disney at least every year or every other year. We have never skipped a park before, however because my kids will be 3 and 5 I’m wondering if I should skip Epcot and to 2 days at MK. Has anyone ever skipped a park all together and felt like they missed out? Or skipped one park and felt that is was for the best? Thanks!

Gillyanne

Has anyone ever skipped a park all together and felt like they missed out?

I know this doesn't really help, but before I could afford to buy my own AP; my family would go down to FL for 2 weeks every other year, but we could only really afford 1 or 2 day tickets; so we''d rotate the parks. And it turns out that the way we did this, I completely missed all those years Figment was a meetable character at epcot o_O:arghh::banghead::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

JohnD

For the kids, the Festival of the Arts (going on at the time) will be a yawn. They might like Soarin, Test Track, all of the Seas with Nemo and Friends, and Frozen. Not sure if anything else would appeal. If you do go, then get a character breakfast at Garden Grill. It's low key. Not crazy like Chef Mickey. Characters are Farmer Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale. Great breakfast on skillet (all the usuals: eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage). Also a bowl of fruit and big danish.

BASS

I wouldn't skip it either. My kids are near yours' age and they enjoyed Epcot. There is plenty to do.

At worst, do a half-day at Epcot then head back to the resort for nap. And do the pool in the early afternoon.

JohnyKaz2078

I wouldn't skip Epcot. It is fun and many children like it. If you really, really want to do a resort-day you can visit Epcot in the morning, do the rides in Future World and the two on the world showcase and you will probably have finished at 1pm if you're there early. You can then get back to the resort for the afternoon. You can also do Epcot in the morning, head to the resort to rest and then go to the Magic Kingdom for the rest of the afternoon.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If you have 4 park days, spend 1 day at each park bruh. If you leave early, go swim! Go to Disney Springs! Go mini golfing!

Disney4family

Future World
Journey Into Imagination with Figment - cute for kids
(Imagination pavilion - there’s fun stuff for them to play with after the ride - a floor where you stomp around and get different sounds - areas where you wave your hands and Figment makes music with different instruments - oh - hold your breath when you go into the “smell” section of the ride (unless you like skunk).
Living With the Land - educational, nice, slow boat ride, kids may like seeing it
Relaunched: Mission Space - the Green ride was made for little ones - 40” (you can get a booster seat)
The Seas with Nemo & Friends - love it
Turtle Talk with Crush - fun! Kids sit on the floor & parents on the benches
(Let the kids explore The Seas pavilion - there’s tons of cute stuff for them in here - it’s not just the attractions)
Soarin’ - see all the sights around the world - amazing for little ones
Test Track - let the kids design virtual cars & ride them, fun!, 40”
World Showcase
Kidcot Fun Stops
- color a Duffy in each country. Get a Mickey stamp with the country’s name. They’ll write the kids’ names in their language in Japan, China and Morocco - ALSO - get a passport & they’ll write greetings in there, too - has stickers for the kids to add
Mexico - Gran Fiesta Tour - So cute with Donald - KidCot FunStop - as soon as you enter inside
Norway - Frozen Ever After (Norway) - I hate the movie, but I think they did a great job with the ride - do the meet & greet & the ride (which empties into a gift shop!) - KidCot is in the second room on the left side (in the shops)
China - the KidCot is also about the second room on the left side (in the shops) - Mulan could be on the right side in the round building.
Africa - face painting
Germany - Snow White is here outside - the Werther’s shop smells wonderful - KidCot is actually to the back right
Italy - Behind the shop to the right is the KidCot.
USA - The show could be too much for the kids - although the voices of Liberty singers downstairs are amazing. If you can, watch them. When you enter the building, sit on the floor on the right hand side facing the center - right up to the line. Your kids will be front and center when they come out to perform. Then go outside and enjoy the rest of world showcase.
Japan - The store is kiddie heaven so be careful. KidCot is actually straight back - you really don’t have to walk through the store on the right.
Morocco - Jasmine & Aladdin meet & greet here - the KidCot is to the back right.
France - Sleeping Beauty meets here - the KidCot is in the back - you’ll have to wiggle back to the left & then it’ll be on the right in that store.
U.K. - Alice & Mary Poppins meet here. Alice is in the front. Mary will be in the back. The KidCot is way in the back. It’s hard to find a Cast Member sometimes so just ask someone and they’ll help you.
Canada - The Kidcot is actually back to the right. Follow the path to Le Cellier and make a right at the end. It’s actually outdoors.

Meet & Greets -- Alice & Mary Poppins, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine & Aladdin, Snow White, Anna & Elsa, Belle, Fab 4, Joy & Sadness, Mulan

Illuminations - fireworks & beautiful music

thomas998

I would do 2 days in MK... if you have a park hopper then split one day with EPCOT and the other with AK or Studios... You would know whether AK or Studios is worth a full day, but if you are trying to maximize the interest for kids that age then MK for 2 of the 4 days makes sense. AK could be a full day if your kids like animals and you don't have a decent zoo where you live, and Studios kind of depends on what they enjoy.... If they like Star Wars then it might be a full day, if they don't and you can get reasonable passes for the Toy Story attractions then I doubt it will be enough to keep a 3 and 5 year old happy for a full day.

NeedMoreMickey

If you have park hop I would visit Epcot in the morning, eat lunch there then finish the day at MK. Not sure of the timing but there may be a festival of the arts going on in Epcot

HonorableMention

Future World
Journey Into Imagination with Figment - cute for kids
(Imagination pavilion - there’s fun stuff for them to play with after the ride - a floor where you stomp around and get different sounds - areas where you wave your hands and Figment makes music with different instruments - oh - hold your breath when you go into the “smell” section of the ride (unless you like skunk).
Living With the Land - educational, nice, slow boat ride, kids may like seeing it
Relaunched: Mission Space - the Green ride was made for little ones - 40” (you can get a booster seat)
The Seas with Nemo & Friends - love it
Turtle Talk with Crush - fun! Kids sit on the floor & parents on the benches
(Let the kids explore The Seas pavilion - there’s tons of cute stuff for them in here - it’s not just the attractions)
Soarin’ - see all the sights around the world - amazing for little ones
Test Track - let the kids design virtual cars & ride them, fun!, 40”
World Showcase
Kidcot Fun Stops
- color a Duffy in each country. Get a Mickey stamp with the country’s name. They’ll write the kids’ names in their language in Japan, China and Morocco - ALSO - get a passport & they’ll write greetings in there, too - has stickers for the kids to add
Mexico - Gran Fiesta Tour - So cute with Donald - KidCot FunStop - as soon as you enter inside
Norway - Frozen Ever After (Norway) - I hate the movie, but I think they did a great job with the ride - do the meet & greet & the ride (which empties into a gift shop!) - KidCot is in the second room on the left side (in the shops)
China - the KidCot is also about the second room on the left side (in the shops) - Mulan could be on the right side in the round building.
Africa - face painting
Germany - Snow White is here outside - the Werther’s shop smells wonderful - KidCot is actually to the back right
Italy - Behind the shop to the right is the KidCot.
USA - The show could be too much for the kids - although the voices of Liberty singers downstairs are amazing. If you can, watch them. When you enter the building, sit on the floor on the right hand side facing the center - right up to the line. Your kids will be front and center when they come out to perform. Then go outside and enjoy the rest of world showcase.
Japan - The store is kiddie heaven so be careful. KidCot is actually straight back - you really don’t have to walk through the store on the right.
Morocco - Jasmine & Aladdin meet & greet here - the KidCot is to the back right.
France - Sleeping Beauty meets here - the KidCot is in the back - you’ll have to wiggle back to the left & then it’ll be on the right in that store.
U.K. - Alice & Mary Poppins meet here. Alice is in the front. Mary will be in the back. The KidCot is way in the back. It’s hard to find a Cast Member sometimes so just ask someone and they’ll help you.
Canada - The Kidcot is actually back to the right. Follow the path to Le Cellier and make a right at the end. It’s actually outdoors.

Meet & Greets -- Alice & Mary Poppins, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine & Aladdin, Snow White, Anna & Elsa, Belle, Fab 4, Joy & Sadness, Mulan

Illuminations - fireworks & beautiful music
You forgot Spaceship Earth! I think that would be okay for young kids.

Disney4family

You forgot Spaceship Earth! I think that would be okay for young kids.
I thought of adding it, but the kids are only 3 and 5. It would be fine for them. I just thought Living with the Land would be educational enough (and they would enjoy the boat ride). Honestly, my kids are now teens and their favorite part of Spaceship Earth is the picture so they can make silly faces for the future video at the end and for seeing them up on the wall after the ride.

ElleJay1119

Just got back from a trip with mine, aged 3 and 5. We had 4 park days with hoppers, and did 2MK days, AK day, then split one day at HS/Epcot. My kids cared nothing about Epcot and if I had a do-over, we would have skipped Epcot and went back to resort pool.

ETA: we got there about 3pm and were able to get fastpasses for spaceship earth, living with the land, and soarin. My 5 year old daughter loved spaceship earth and land, but freaked going in to soarin, and wouldn’t ride it. The interest they showed in the ones they did ride at Epcot wasn’t anything to how they reacted to MK (or the pool for that matter.)

JillC LI

I'd do at least half a day at Epcot if possible. Kids that age would love Frozen, Seas with Nemo, Turtle Talk with Crush, Gran Fiesta Tour and Soarin. Plus there are all the Kidcots in the World Showcase. That said, there is certainly plenty to do in two days at MK.

J_Krafty24

I would skip Epcot in favor of the extra time at MK. Yes, Epcot is fun and has some great attractions for young kids but MK has more kid friendly attractions without the open space in between them. 2 days at MK will allow you to see all the highlights at a comfortably slow pace for your little ones.

KrzyKtty

I'm also at the half day at Epcot in half day at Magic Kingdom. Drop Epcot then Park hop to Magic Kingdom. Use your fast passes at Magic Kingdom.

Oddysey

If you decide to do a half day at Epcot as most are suggesting, I would suggest going before 7:00pm because several attractions in Future World close at that time. Although many are currently closed anyway (GotG/UoE, WoL, and most of Innoventions). If there are extra magic hours at Epcot in the evening then all attractions in Future World stay open until park closing. You may already know all of this, but I figured it may help with your planning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom