Skilled Trade Question

GoofTroop80

Original Poster
I was just recently EPA certified as an HVAC mechanic and I was wondering if Disney employs people in skilled trades or are they subcontracted out?:veryconfu

Pioneer Hall

I believe they do hire these people directly, but like any other job with Disney now it is hard to get hired. I also don't think they would pay nearly as well as someone who is working in a smaller private company.

GoofTroop80

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I'll probably look into it even though the pay would be low. Its close to impossible to find a job without atleast 2-5years experience where I'm from so I'll take anything at the moment lol.

mastif

I'm also curious. Who employs the people that do the painting? I've seen painters in painter whites painting the polynesian, and also at other various places around the property. I've never noticed them wearing nametags like maintenance people (not custodial) J/W

Captain Hank

I've seen HVAC technician show up on the internal job posting website with some frequency. I'd imagine it's posted on the external one too (disneycareers.com)

I'm also curious. Who employs the people that do the painting? I've seen painters in painter whites painting the polynesian, and also at other various places around the property. I've never noticed them wearing nametags like maintenance people (not custodial) J/W
Some are Disney Cast Members employed through the Engineering Services Dept., usually the ones doing painting in the parks. Others are part of Buena Vista Construction Company, which is technically an outside contractor...except that it's sort of owned by Disney (I'm a little fuzzy on the ins and outs of the Buena Vista Construction Company). There also may be other outside contractors hired to do painting.

mastif

I've seen HVAC technician show up on the internal job posting website with some frequency. I'd imagine it's posted on the external one too (disneycareers.com)

Some are Disney Cast Members employed through the Engineering Services Dept., usually the ones doing painting in the parks. Others are part of Buena Vista Construction Company, which is technically an outside contractor...except that it's sort of owned by Disney (I'm a little fuzzy on the ins and outs of the Buena Vista Construction Company). There also may be other outside contractors hired to do painting.

Where do you go to access the internal job postings? I take it it's on the hub somewhere. Can you point me in that direction?

Captain Hank

Where do you go to access the internal job postings? I take it it's on the hub somewhere. Can you point me in that direction?
Oh, you're a CM? Log onto the HUB. Then, on the "Quick Links" menu on the right, there should be a link to "JOBS Online." You'll need to set up a profile and upload a resume before you can apply for anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom