Six Flags New Orleans to be demoed.

TP2000

Wasnt the brightest idea to build a Theme Park, much less parts of a city, below water level.

Agreed.

I watched a few documentaries on New Orleans on YouTube, that were all done after Hurricane Katrina.

I always knew south Louisiana was flat as a pancake, but I had no idea that much of New Orleans was actually built not only below sea level but also built below river level, and it's only protected by a series of ancient dikes and levees. Who thought that was a good idea?

Honestly, it's a minor miracle that New Orleans hasn't been destroyed at least two or three more times in the past 100 years, with how dangerously below sea level that city has been built and developed on purpose. Yikes!

chart-nola-elevation.jpg

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Agreed.

I watched a few documentaries on New Orleans on YouTube, that were all done after Hurricane Katrina.

I always knew south Louisiana was flat as a pancake, but I had no idea that much of New Orleans was actually built not only below sea level but also built below river level, and it's only protected by a series of ancient dikes and levees. Who thought that was a good idea?

Honestly, it's a minor miracle that New Orleans hasn't been destroyed at least two or three more times in the past 100 years, with how dangerously below sea level that city has been built and developed on purpose. Yikes!

chart-nola-elevation.jpg
Climate Change is only making the situation all the more precarious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom