Sit down Resturants at MK and MGM

disneydisney

I was intrested in some sit down resturants at the MK and MGM. We would like to try one somewhere and your opinions on them? And value for the quality of the food.
I'm hungury just thinking about it. :slurp:

Gail Hayden

disneydisney said:
I was intrested in some sit down resturants at the MK and MGM. We would like to try one somewhere and your opinions on them? And value for the quality of the food.
I'm hungury just thinking about it. :slurp:
At MGM I really enjoy Prime Time and the Brown Derby. I believe the value is excellent.
At MK the only one I have enjoyed there is the Crystal Palace and I am not sure you could call that a sit down. More like a buffet. I have also eaten at the Plaza, the food was good, but, the service and attitude of some of the servers left a lot to be desired.

Upvote 0

Sharon L

The only sit down restaurants I have been to at MK are the Crystal Palace (character meals with Winnie the Pooh and friends) and Cinderella's Royal Table. We ate dinner at Cinderella's, and it was excellent. It is a little pricey, but the food and atmosphere are great.

Crystal Palace is a buffet. We have enjoyed both the breakfast and the dinner there.

At MGM, the Sci-Fi Dine In is a must. The food is not that great; burgers and salads are pretty safe. The atmosphere makes it worth while. The tables are actually in cars that all face a movie theater screen, which features a loop of trailers for classic horror movies, such as "Creature From the Black Lagoon".

We have also eaten at Mama Melrose's, which features Italian fare, and 50's Prime Time Cafe. Mama Melrose's is good, and is one of the restaurants available for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. 50's Prime Time Cafe is fun, with great interaction with the servers and good food.

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

Also offering the Fantasmic package is Hollywood and Vine. The quality is excellent, and it is all-you-can-eat as a buffet, so the value depends on how hungry you are. They also have server interaction with the guests. Its worth going in just to see the over 3 feet tall chocolate sculpture of the Malificent dragon !

Tony's at the MK is quite nice as well. Italian food and pizza. Not outstanding, but quite good, especially for picky children.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

The only sit down restaurant that we've been to in the MK is The Liberty Tree Tavern & we really enjoyed it. Its an "all you care to eat" character meal and well worth the money. We've eaten at Mama Melrose in MGM as part of the Fantasmic Dinner Package. Its a little pricey for what you get, but the food was good. :wave:

Upvote 0
Gail Hayden said:
At MGM I really enjoy Prime Time and the Brown Derby. I believe the value is excellent.
At MK the only one I have enjoyed there is the Crystal Palace and I am not sure you could call that a sit down. More like a buffet. I have also eaten at the Plaza, the food was good, but, the service and attitude of some of the servers left a lot to be desired.

I agree with Gail concerning Prime Time and the Brown Derby. Disney-MGM has some of the best restaurants on property and the themes are great. Mama Melrose's is good too!

As for the MK, Cinderella's Royal Table is very good. Lots of food and you can't beat the atmosphere! I also like the Plaza quite a bit and haven't ever experienced any poor service. There ice cream deserts are wonderful during a hot summer too! ;)

Upvote 0

BeachClubVillas

At MK, Liberty Tree Tavern is a fabulous character dinner with all you can eat traditional Thanksgiving-type food. It's very good. We've done it every year for about ten years!

At MGM, you must do Sci-Fi, just for the theming! Absolutlely incredible. The burgers are good. I usually get a pasta dish that is supposed to come with shrimp, but I just tell them not to use shrimp. It's good. Mama Melrose's is our favorite for the Fantasmic package. We found Brown Derby good, but too expensive for what we got. Mama's has great food and a more casual atmosphere.

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

MGM - the Prime Time and Brown Derby are fantastic. The Prime Time is definitely a fun time with the staff and food is just as good. I ate the Sci-Fi only once. The ambience was can't be beat, but I have to say that it was so dark, I couldn't tell what I had on my fork except by taste. :lol:

MK - Liberty Tree is hands down a winner. Great food, but make reservations waaaaay in advance for it seems to always sell out quick. However, after eating there repeatedly, we are going to try the Royal Table this time. The reviews seem pretty good although you will always have those people that just seem to complain about EVERYTHING and say it sucked. These people are the ones that would throw out the Mona Lisa becuase the smile was crooked. :animwink:

Ha!

Upvote 0

lukacseven

I liek the Brown Derby. If you have time to spare and would like to sit and have a relaxing, good meal, that's a good place. I felt at Sci-Fi, they sort of hurry you in and out, or at least they did when I was there. BD was more at your own leisure. I agree the theming and experience of Sci-Fi are great, but I think I would have liked more time to sit and enjoy the place.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

At the Magic Kingdom, I'd go for Liberty Tree Tavern. It's a good value, with good food and good service.
I haven't done Crystal Palace in years, but it was good the last time I did it (12 years ago?)
At MGM, Sci-Fi is a Must! The food gets mixed reviews, although I've generally found the burgers to be good. The entertainment is excellent.
Prime Time is also a good bet if you like home-style food and excellent service. There is also enterainment with small tvs showing sit-coms featuring food.

Upvote 0

lukacseven

I've never eaten at Liberty Tree, but alot of friends have recommended it. Crystal Palace is good, but it's a buffet, not table service. and they have a Pooh character dinner.

Upvote 0

*PlutoFan*

At MGM I really enjoy Mama Melrose's and the Brown Derby. At MK, this year we decided to try the Liberty Tree Tavern and loved it! It was a great character meal and the food was great. I would definitely recommend it!

Upvote 0

STGRhost

Ooohhhh, I can't believe no one has mentioned Tony's Town Square at the front of MK yet - it's my fav. as far as full service (at MK)is concerned. The bread and dip they give you to start with is worth the price alone!

At the Studios, I was able to try them all, and I love Mama Melrose's and the Brown Derby. MM has great Italian food, and is more out of the way than the others, and tends to be slightly less crowded. Brown Derby, as has been mentioned, is great for a more leisurely meal. They have excellent food, and the grapefruit cake is wonderful, as are the Tomato Bisque and the Cobb salad. In fact, I used to get the Cobb Salad as carry-out for lunch (as a treat while I was working). Mmmmmm... I never have found another Cobb salad that even comes close to that one. (and it can be ordered with shrimp! It's the perfect meal! :sohappy: )

Upvote 0

egionet

I really enjoy Mama Melrose at the Studios. I have done the Fantasmic package there twice and had a great meal both times. I've also eaten at Prime Time and Sci-fi and also the ambiance was great, I wasn't impressed by the food. I'm also an extremely picky eater (for example, I don't eat pizza, drink soda, or like ice cream). But if you're potentially a picky eater, I would go with Mama Melrose because it's basic Italian. I would say the same for MK, definitely go with Tony's because once again it's basic Italian.

Upvote 0
You really can't go wrong with any of the sit downs at MGM. I have eaten at Brown Derby, Mama Melrose's, Sci-Fi and Prime Time and have enjoyed them all.

MK: I have eaten at Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch a few times. Good food.
I have also eaten at Tony's. We had a good meal there, but have heard very poor reviews lately. We want to try Liberty Tree Tavern on our next visit.......

Upvote 0

TiggerBW

I'll keep it short and simple....

My favorites are:
MK - Liberty Tree Tavern - EXCELLENT food - fun character dinners
MGM - Prime Time 50's Cafe - Great entertainment and good food!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom