sit and stand stroller

Cetta

Original Poster
I am sure this gets asked a million times but this is our first trip with kids so this is driving me crazy. We will be going with a 2.5 yo and 4.5 yo. We have three kinds of stroller we can bring....sit and stand (both can ride at the same time, lots of storage, but kind of bulky and hard to steer in crowds), regular stroller (only one kid can ride, good storage, kind of bulky when folded, and easy to steer), and an umbrella stroller (only one kid can ride, pretty much no storage, small and easy to manage). I was seriously up in the middle of the night thinking about this issue and I am torn! Most of this summer we have brought the sit and stand with us on day trips (zoo, fair, etc) but when we went on vacation earlier in the year to TN we just brought the umbrella stroller and I do remember my 4.5 yo being carried by my husband at Dollywood and other places. Help me! haha Has anyone actually brought a sit and stand to the parks? was it too bulky? Which one should we bring? Thank you!

Gillyanne

This summer we had a 3 & 1 year old. We got a double stroller that was kind of between an umbrella and bulky style that wasn't too bad, but then we also just had 2 umbrella strollers. Is it planned that the whole family (you, spouse, & Kids) will always be together at the parks etc? maybe for only an extra $20 or so you can buy a 2nd umbrella stroller so it's all more manageable? For us this also allowed me to take the 3 year old one spot, and my mom to take the 1 year old to another (for instance I let the 3 yo run off steam on the wreck it ralph play stuff, while mom went and snacked around the world w/ the 1 yo). I've also seen mention on here of buying one down there and just leaving it or donating it when done vs. lugging another to and back home.

thomas998

This summer we had a 3 & 1 year old. We got a double stroller that was kind of between an umbrella and bulky style that wasn't too bad, but then we also just had 2 umbrella strollers. Is it planned that the whole family (you, spouse, & Kids) will always be together at the parks etc? maybe for only an extra $20 or so you can buy a 2nd umbrella stroller so it's all more manageable? For us this also allowed me to take the 3 year old one spot, and my mom to take the 1 year old to another (for instance I let the 3 yo run off steam on the wreck it ralph play stuff, while mom went and snacked around the world w/ the 1 yo). I've also seen mention on here of buying one down there and just leaving it or donating it when done vs. lugging another to and back home.
Buy and leave is the best option. If you want two umbrellas it's about 20 a piece at walmart, if you want a double that is sit and stand your looking at about 100 dollars at walmart... Just look at the number of days you will be there and how much it costs, I think its like 15 a day for single and 31 for a double... But yes you can bring your own, but we found that more of hassle than it was worth. Was much better experience to just buy one when we arrived than to drag one from home.... but a double stroller is much better because a 4.5 year old isn't going to want to be carried if you plan on spending more than a few hours in the parks.

kimberlymautz

I brought both an umbrella stroller and my sit and stand with us in May (my son was 7m and my daughter turned 7 while we were there). The first few days we stayed at AoA and my daughter was totally fine walking around, but the last few days we were off property and by the time we'd get to the parking lot she was already complaining how her feet hurt. During our previous trip she had been 5 and she only used the stroller once (we had my 2 year old niece with us) the entire trip.
I think it really depends on your oldest as well as what kind of umbrella stroller you have. I just brought a backpack with everything I'd need which easily slid over the arms of the umbrella stroller, but it's seat didn't sit back so when my son fell asleep he was either super hunched over or I'd have to hold the stroller back which is unsafe and awkward to walk with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom