Single Rider - are these queues shorter ?

dreamfinder

TT is normally faster than standby, as a PP said its mostly due to the 6 per vehicle and using singles to fill out couples and foursomes.

EE is hit or miss. I've had it be pretty fast, I've also had it be very long. Alot of it depends on if people are paying attention or not. I've only noticed EE trains go with empty seats when people ignore the CMs telling them to go all the way down, and then just picking a random row.

RnRC peak up at the side entrance where singles and FPs go in. If you see people waiting out there, odds are that single rider will be a long wait. They seem to only allow a half dozen or so singles per pre show (at the most) so it can be a while.

The EE SR line is usually quicker than SB and sometimes even shorter than FP.

The RnRc SR is a toss up. It might get you on a lot quicker, practically walk-on. But you might end up standing in that one even longer than the SB line. And don't trust the staff manning the entrances to these lines for help. They lie. I don't know if they lie because they have some silly agenda, because they aren't allowed to say they dont know or if they really think they're telling the truth...but they can't be trusted, in any event.

TT's SR line was usually slowish, but quicker than SB. We will have to see how that works out on TRON Track.

In my experience working as a TT Cast Member we were always told to never tell peole the "true wait". To always inflate it a bit. I'm sure this is to buffer for slow downs and whatnot, but it also makes you feel good when we say 20 minutes, and you're on in 10.

SR usually moves faster. It all depends on what is in the SB and FP lines. If the vehicle holds six and I have 4 in FP and two in SB, the SR misses that car. I always made a point to try and hook up the SRs from time to time. On more than one occasion I would fill a car with 6 SRs. Of course this would miff the SBs, but who cares?! lol

My girlfriend is a bit of a chicken as well so I'll be doing SR for a few things this trip myself. Hope it's not a big ole mess.

Patricia Melton

I've read a lot of accounts of people doing the child swap thing and the special lines and ways that's handled. I've never used one of those before so I don't know how they work but when people talk about that they also talk about making use of the single rider lines too.

I've also heard of people who are in a group of friends who've used the single rider lines when they thought they could get on the ride quicker than riding all together in the regular line.

I think if you are creative and flexible that you could really make use of these line on busy days if you keep your eyes peeled and don't mind being split up from your group.

muteki

I haven't used SR lines much (just TT and EE) but I have had better experience at EE than at TT. If I remember right, the merge point at EE is right near where you board the ride, but at TT it was further back, before the rooms with the intro videos. That was much more of a wait, as you don't skip all that, and are relying on the CMs there to head count right that early in the line.

In general though, there is no set rationale that I can see at any line merge point, be it fastpass or single rider. Either there is and I am missing it, or its just up to the CM there to figure it out on the fly.

CaptainShortty

It's not so much that they're shorter, but they move a lot faster. The reason is is that the SR lines are used to fill the "empty holes" created by parties of odd numbers. The SR line is used to get the most people on the ride in the shortest amount of time. If you don't mind not riding together, I'd go for it. You may wind up riding in front or in back of them anyway.

kate'nkaren

Original Poster
thank you all for your responses - this is the most wonderful website for forums - we fly out from Sydney to New York this morning and will be in DW on 6 August- sooooooo excited!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom