Single Guy @ WDW/ Solo Trip?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Since I've used all my vacation time from work this year already. I'm thinkin probably this time next year! Everyone's comments are startin to get me excited!! :)

I'm planning an early may solo trip. :) I went early may this year and just about everything was a walk on. The weather was perfect, too!

There have been several "singles" threads and the last time I tried to resurrect one I got flamed.

Well, crap. There goes that idea, lol

Edit because autocorrect hates me....or at least wants me to look desperate, LOL

worldtraveler

I never would have thought to go to wdw by myself before I found this website. After hearing these stories, I am. Being an only child, I'm used to doing things alone, so I figure why not. I'm sure ill strike up a conversation w/somebody or maybe meet somebody on this website. Who knows.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I never would have thought to go to wdw by myself before I found this website. After hearing these stories, I am. Being an only child, I'm used to doing things alone, so I figure why not. I'm sure ill strike up a conversation w/somebody or maybe meet somebody on this website. Who knows.
I'm an only child too. Funny how independent we can be. I'm looking forward to going by myself. Maybe I'll meet someone else flying solo there.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I'm a 51 year old married guy, who takes at least 2 week long solo trips to WDW each year. I've made many a friend through many of the different fan groups and tend to connect with different people each trip. I love the freedom of being a solo traveler....I also travel with my wife and grown daughters to the "World" and elsewhere during each year, but I always get the solo trips in too! Go for it :)

tare

Hope it works for you. I couldn't imagine going by myself and not being able to share experiences with someone. Some people love the solo trips so have fun!!!

Britt

I would not think anything if I saw you walking the parks by yourself. I'd assume you were there with family and grabbing a drink, or headed to a bathroom...I wouldn't give you a second look (unless you're cute ;) ) I think you're good. I can't imagine the CM's being surprised or giving strange looks...and if they do...head to the bathroom and make sure you dont have something hanging out of your nose ;)

Bparso87

Go for it being single I would go see jasmine and ask her to go on a magic carpet ride. I would love to do a solo trip but my wife and kids would never let me lol. My wife knows I would get in a lot of trouble in Epcot.

juniorthomas

I’ve been in a bit of a “life funk” lately. Can’t seem to be truly happy if you will, haven’t been to WDW in years. I’ve always gone with my family, (mom, dad and brothers) and I’ve been trying to plan a family WDW trip but now with everyone working and going to school, nobody seems to have time or really care to make time for a family vacation. I’ve been so busy lately with work and trying to make everyone else happy that I’ve forgotten to make myself happy and could use some magic in my life. I’ve never done a solo trip before, has anyone ever done a solo WDW trip or just solo trip in general before? Was it boring or weird? Opinions anyone?

I've done a solo trip - well a partial solo trip. It is more weird than I would have expected. In my experience, Disney is better when it's shared.

However, a Disney trip alone is considerably better than skipping it altogether.

JohnD

I'm single and going to WDW late September/early October during the Epcot Food and Wine Festival and even purchased a ticket for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Haven't been to WDW in more than 20 years and figured, why not? I have a WDW account and know what parks I'll be visiting and when and where I have dining reservations. Being single, it's my schedule and I don't have to answer to anyone. Can't wait.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I'm eying up prices for May 2014 on MDE website right now. As much as I'd love to stay at the Polynesian again, it doesn't make sense to go solo there... so expensive. You can almost justify the cost if there' two (or more) people in the room, versus one.

I'm thinking Wilderness lodge. Or Port Orleans.

JohnD

I decided on POFQ. While I could get better rates at a value resort, I think I would be miserable. On the outskirts of Disney property and kids everywhere. (Not knocking kids. Families deserve a great vacation. But not the ideal resort for a single traveler.) At least with PO (either FQ or Riverside), the location is more central to all the parks and boat service to DD.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I decided on POFQ. While I could get better rates at a value resort, I think I would be miserable. On the outskirts of Disney property and kids everywhere. (Not knocking kids. Families deserve a great vacation. But not the ideal resort for a single traveler.) At least with PO (either FQ or Riverside), the location is more central to all the parks and boat service to DD.

Exactly why I don't bother looking at value resorts. Stayed at the poly in may and was surprised how many parents choose that hotel with young kids. However, they weren't bothersome, which is good. :)

I've never stayed at port Orleans before.

TK24602

I was traveling the country with my job and i spent about 8 weeks in Southern Cali and 2 months in Florida. I ended up buying a Premier Passport because I would go so much by myself! Single Riding your way across the parks, talking to random people...it's a blast. Disney became not only my favorite place to vacation with my family, but my personal escape from my coworkers! It was some of the most amazing times I had on the road. I hope you have a great time doing it.

Greenkai3000

I've done a solo trip to the MK once and LOVED it. Not having to wait around for everyone in my usual group to catch up to me, or worry whether or not they'd want to ride thrill rides with me, means more time for me to do as many attractions as possible. Plus Single Rider lines make for a extra magical experience.

fosse76

I’ve been in a bit of a “life funk” lately. Can’t seem to be truly happy if you will, haven’t been to WDW in years. I’ve always gone with my family, (mom, dad and brothers) and I’ve been trying to plan a family WDW trip but now with everyone working and going to school, nobody seems to have time or really care to make time for a family vacation. I’ve been so busy lately with work and trying to make everyone else happy that I’ve forgotten to make myself happy and could use some magic in my life. I’ve never done a solo trip before, has anyone ever done a solo WDW trip or just solo trip in general before? Was it boring or weird? Opinions anyone?
When I first went to WDW, I would never have dreamed of going to a theme park by myself. The second time I went, I went with my then-boyfriend, and we had a disagreement at the Magic Kingdom. He refused to ride Peter Pan, so while I was in line, he went to DHS. I had no intention of chasing after him, and stayed in the park by myself. It was the best thing that could have happened to me. I'm not the lonely type, so I had no problem being alone. People at Disney are too involved in what's going on with themselves to pay any attention to me, so I never have felt that people were wondering why I was alone or made me feel self-consious. I eat at restaurants alone all the time, so eating at Disney was no problem, though that's where I feel the most self-consious, but not majorly.

I've gone solo so many times I don't think I could ever go with anyone again. You do what you want, when you want, how often you want, and at your own pace. It's total freedom. I once went to MK in the morning, got to the gate and decided it was just too crowded, so I headed to the TTC to go to Epcot, only to see a massive line, so went to DHS instead. And when you are solo, you get a lot more done in less time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom