Single day ticket question

durangojim

I’ve had an AP for as long as I can remember so I’m not familiar with how things work with a single day ticket. I have a friend who wants to take his family of 3 to DHS for one day specifically to ride RoTR. What were both confused about is that the ticket states he can only use it for the day that it is designated at time of purchase. If he doesn’t get a boarding pass at 7am for the day they’re planning on going. Is there a way for him to transfer the ticket to another day so they have another chance or can he apply the value to a new ticket? If so, what is that process?
Thanks!

Shouldigo12

I’ve had an AP for as long as I can remember so I’m not familiar with how things work with a single day ticket. I have a friend who wants to take his family of 3 to DHS for one day specifically to ride RoTR. What were both confused about is that the ticket states he can only use it for the day that it is designated at time of purchase. If he doesn’t get a boarding pass at 7am for the day they’re planning on going. Is there a way for him to transfer the ticket to another day so they have another chance or can he apply the value to a new ticket? If so, what is that process?
Thanks!
My first impulse is no, Disney is not going to let your friend show up to DHS, try for a boarding pass, and then when he doesn't get it just let him come back another day for round 2.

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

Thanks!
Now that you don’t have to be in the Park to get a Boarding Pass, it makes it possible.
- if you don’t enter the Park, you should be able to credit amount paid for use on another date in the future. Your Tickets would be considered “expired”

- One note on the Boarding Pass is you’ll still have to have a valid Ticket AND DHS Park Reservation just to ATTEMPT to snag the Boardind Pass. This of course can be done from anywhere outside DHS in the area (still don’t know area of coverage, but it is at least well Past the Sea World area).

Pic below is from the Disney website (the Jan 27th date is an arbitrary selection)

notice it says non refundable but does allow credit
View attachment 524104
Must point out not getting a Boarding Pass is most probably not the reason this policy is in place
C33235AD-5D39-41E9-9862-67B654D97518.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

durangojim

Original Poster
Now that you don’t have to be in the Park to get a Boarding Pass, it makes it possible.
- if you don’t enter the Park, you should be able to credit amount paid for use on another date in the future. Your Tickets would be considered “expired”

- One note on the Boarding Pass is you’ll still have to have a valid Ticket AND DHS Park Reservation just to ATTEMPT to snag the Boardind Pass. This of course can be done from anywhere outside DHS in the area (still don’t know area of coverage, but it is at least well Past the Sea World area).

Pic below is from the Disney website (the Jan 27th date is an arbitrary selection)

notice it says non refundable but does allow credit
View attachment 524104
Must point out not getting a Boarding Pass is most probably not the reason this policy is in placeView attachment 524135
Thank you. Does Disney offer a one day ticket that doesn't have a date assigned? I thought in the past that may have been an option.

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

Thank you. Does Disney offer a one day ticket that doesn't have a date assigned? I thought in the past that may have been an option.
Currently with one day passes you have to select a specific data to purchase. There is a Premium attached to Weekend days, as well as Peak, Off Peak (whatever the nomenclature is nowadays)...that is why you have to specify the date

I’ll post screenshots in a few mins

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

You do have to select a date...see pic below

#1 Days date.jpg

You see above you must select a date....additionally M-Th are more affordable (Monday the 18th is MLK Day so Premium) than Friday Saturday and Sunday. I'll post another screeenshot in a separate post, showing the mice type.....

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

Mice type .... you'll see if you do modify your ticket dates, you'll have to pay the difference if the price is higher, but WILL NOT get credit if the date you are changing to is cheaper....see pic and mice type below

#price + restrictions.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom