Singapore Disney Resort - Introduction

SappySappy

Original Poster
Untitled.png

This Disney Resort is going to be the 7th Disney Resort in the whole world, the 4th one in Asia, and the first one in the Southeast Asia Region. I chose Singapore because i think the country is promising. In 2018 it was at top 5 most visited city in the whole world, and most tourists visiting singapore came for a high class kind of vacation. That's why i don't pick Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, or Bali for my Disney Resort location because mostly the tourists visiting that cities came for a cheap vacation, backpacking, and leisure purposes. It's also a good spot for Indonesia, Kuala Lumpur, and even Australia and India because they dont have to take a really long flight to Hong Kong, Shanghai or Tokyo for their Disney trip, so it solves the problem of building Disney in Australia and India, i mean kinda. It's also going to be cheaper than going to another Disney Resort for some Southeast Asia countries because of the cheap flight, and the free visa policy.

For the location i chose Sentosa Island. I thought there is no land left in Sentosa Island, one of the most famous resort island, but there is this huge golf course in there so i decided to build the park there lol. So the plan is the Red Area gonna be the first phase of the construction, it's where our family friendly Magic Kingdom going to be build, a Downtown Disney, and probably one or two hotel. and the Blue Area is the second phase of the construction where our second Disney park gonna be more thrilling than our Magic Kingdom, and also another hotel probably. The Yellow Area is the Universal Studio Singapore to give you guys an idea how big the Disney Resort are. I mean it's not gonna be a mega big resort but i think it's enough. Oh! and also there's a lot of land left in the Red Area (Pulau Berhala Reping) and the Blue Area (Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort and Tanjong Beach) maybe we can do something about it and make the park bigger or put another hotel in the resort.

That's all the information i can give for now, i mean what you guys think? I'm new to the forum and this is the first time i'm building a theme park like this, and so far i'm having such a great time lol i finally have things to do... I'm so sorry if i make you guys confused, english is not my first language and i still in my learning process. I'll give you guys details for the Magic Kingdom and the second Theme-Park soon. Bye

Disney Dad 3000

Welcome to the forums! Look forward to seeing what you come up with. I'm working on my first solo park project to be located in Seoul that I'll start posting bits and pieces of regularly soon (hopefully) so know how much of a challenge it is and how much fun. Plenty of awesome folks here that are always available to lend a hand or bounce ideas if you have questions.

SappySappy

Original Poster
Welcome to the forums! Look forward to seeing what you come up with. I'm working on my first solo park project to be located in Seoul that I'll start posting bits and pieces of regularly soon (hopefully) so know how much of a challenge it is and how much fun. Plenty of awesome folks here that are always available to lend a hand or bounce ideas if you have questions.
Thank you so much for the kind words and welcome! I'll look forward to your project, Seoul is a really nice city with promising number of population and tourist. But the weather is kinda wild there, nowadays the summer is super hot and the winter is super cold, and it's also rains alot in some months so wanna see what you came up with to solve that

SappySappy

Original Poster

SINGAPORE DISNEY RESORT
THE TIMELINE
After a few years and watch the success of Shanghai Disneyland, the Walt Disney Company finally decide to build another new Disney Resort in the Asia Region. With hopes that the Shanghai Disneyland will repeat itself in the new Disney Resort. They gather the list of potential places for the new Disney Resort to be built. The places are : Seoul, Mumbai, New Delhi, Beijing, Kyoto, Bali, Bangkok, Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur.
At the end of 2018, an annual report created by Disney Company stated that the number of Southeast Asian who visited Disney Resort around the world is more than 15 Million people, most of them are visiting Tokyo Disney Resort and Hong Kong Disney Resort. After seeing the demographics, Walt Disney Resort became more confident to build a new Disney Resort in Asia and now the Disney Resort is going to focus more to attract the high number of guests from Southeast Asia. There's four potential places in Southeast Asia for the new Disney Resort to be built : Bali, Bangkok, Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur. They started sending proposals to the government of the area in the end of 2019, but some bad news are received. The Governments of Bali and Bangkok's are not to happy with the plan because they think people have to go Bali and Bangkok have to experience the culture and local traditions, and with the appearance of Disney Resort it will ruin the taste of the place. But, the news from Kuala Lumpur and Singapore the government from both countries will happily welcome a new Disney Resort in the city. Walt Disney Company now have to decide between both cities. The city for a new Disney Resort has to be so exciting and have so many things to do beside the Disney Resort, and have a really good public transportation system to take guests from the airport or city centre to the Resort location easily. So from the points above, Singapore wins. Disney then approached by Sentosa Development Corporation, owned by the Government of Singapore, that they have so much land in Sentosa Island. The land is supposed to be a huge golf course but they prefer something more profitable to be built there. Sentosa Island promised Walt Disney Company for a good treatment if Walt Disney Company agree to build the Disney Resort there. Walt Disney Company tempted by the agreement and decision's made.

Last edited:

SappySappy

Original Poster
at the D23 2020, the presentation for the new Disney Resort was held. After a year long rumours and speculations from the forum, the answer is finally emerge to the surface. The new Disney Resort is going to be :

Untitled.png
It's gonna be the 7th Disney Resort, and 4th Disney Resort in the Asia region. The construction for the resort began at the begining 2020. It's gonna be a multiple phase development. The first phase is going to be a Disneyland Hotel, indoor Shopping District, and the crown jewel of Singapore Disney Resort, the Magic Kingdom called Singapore Disneyland.
NEW PARK MAP - EARLY PLAN.png

The Pink Area is going to be where the Disney Hotel and Shopping District, and the Red Area is where Singapore Disneyland is. and the White Area is the Singapore Disneyland entrance. the Singapore Disneyland is gonna have 5 Lands similar to Disneyland : Main Street U.S.A. (will be called Mickey Avenue), Fantasyland, Frontierland, Adventureland, and Tomorrowland. The first phase finished building in the end of 2023 and the park opened to the public in the first 2024.

SappySappy

Original Poster
The park was finally opened to the public. Singapore Disneyland (you can check more about the Singapore Disneyland in my other thread) opening day is so succesful, people not just from Singapore but another Southeast Asia countries like Thailand, Phillipines, Malaysia, and Indonesia, came to the park. Even people from Australia and India came! they said that Singapore is the closest Disney Resort from home and it's cheaper and didn't take as long as flying to Shanghai Disney Resort of Tokyo Disney Resort. People loved Singapore Disney Resort, they said that the park is so beautiful and all the rides are fun and family friendly, all the people from all the ages can enjoy the park. People also loved the experience of staying at the Disney Hotel, and the Shopping District is full of so many things to do. The good news spread around so fast, and people interest of visiting the park was grown. In 2027, after three years from the park opening, visitor number has surpassed 25 million of visitors. People kept asking for more. They want a second Disney Park to be built just like in Tokyo so they can stay longer at the Resort, and the rumours sparked. Disney was rumoured to built another park just across the Singapore Disneyland, but in 2027 D23, Disney answered.

SappySappy

Original Poster
2027 - 2029
Disney announced there will be constructions in Singapore Disney Resort. People started to assume that the constructions is for the Singapore Disney Resort second gate, after the success of Singapore Disneyland. But Singapore Disney Resort team announced that they didn't have plan to open a second gate to the resort anytime soon, and their constructions is for EXPANSION OF SINGAPORE DISNEYLAND : FROZEN IN FANTASYLAND AND MARVEL IN TOMORROWLAND
latest

disneyland-paris-marvel-concept-art.jpg

Everybody's was pretty excited for the expansion, but at the same time they disappointed because they were not getting the second theme park. The constructions began that year, 2027, and the new additions to the park planned to open to the public in 2029. Also in 2027 Disney Singapore Resort Team announced that they will began land clearing in the area across Singapore Disneyland. they said that the area would be "a new parking structure and probably some new hotel".
NEW PARK MAP - EARLY PLAN.png

People think that the land clearing was a really weird decision. Land that big could really be used for a pretty massive second gate but Singapore Disney Resort Team just gonna use the land for "Parking Structure". Mostly people didn't use car to the Singapore Disney Resort because how easy it was to access the park with public transportations.

2029 came, and Frozen and Marvel area was a huge success, guests loved the additions to the park. but the "parking structure" is not even finished after two years. People wondered what kind of parking structure took more than two years to build. the structure hasn't even took shape.

From 2027 to 2029, number of guests visiting Singapore Disneyland surpassed 10 million guests per year. Singapore Disney Resort has became more and more succesful every year, and in 2029, right on the 7th Anniversary of Singapore Disney Resort, Walt Disney Company announced their big news to the public : THE SECOND GATE OF SINGAPORE DISNEY RESORT.

Untitled.png

(I wanna cry alot whenever i see this logo i made its so ugly i cant design anything)

Disney's Journey Planet going to be the second theme park of Singapore Disney Resort, will be themed after the Land full of the greatest adventures humans ever done before. This park planned to have mostly thrill rides instead of family friendly rides like Singapore Disneyland. Disney's Journey Planet planned to open in the early 2032, right on the 10th Anniversary of Singapore Disney Resort. And the park will took place accross the Singapore Disneyland, the land clearing site that supposed to be the parking structure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom