Simpsons Ride And Apu

lebeau

When they officially announced he is off the Simpsons it made me realize just how PC and **** our society is, and the Simpsons of all things caving into it. Maybe in 2018 people don't realize just how unlikely the Simpsons that my generation knows would do something like this. They were the ultimate rebels in 1990. They never made any apologies and there were stereotypes all over the place on that show. In fact, the show was BUILT on that. It is what made it funny. Somewhere, someplace there is a character that is just like you on the Simpsons that is being stereotyped, and let's face it, stereotypes are funny. This is what comedy is about, not something to be taken so seriously.

I think more people would care if the show hadn't fallen off a cliff 15 years ago. The Simpsons was comedy gold for a decade but like all great shows it ends after that because the writing just can't continue to be constantly elite.

Apu isn't off the Simpsons. Deep breaths. It will be okay.

Also, no. Comedy is not about stereotypes. Lazy comedy, maybe, but not all comedy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom