Simpsons Ride And Apu

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
So recently the news has been mentioning that they would be removing Apu from the Show..........

Which brings up something on the Theme park side....

with the recent news will they keep him within the Pre-show area?
o.jpg

And remove anything that shows him in the Kwik E Mart? or will they keep him in there for fans who still like the character..
7157899166_dea44aa842_c.jpg

DRD

I think that's a good question, and was one I thought of while in the queue a few weeks ago.

I agree that they'll probably keep the existing Apu references that are hardwired into the park (such as the ride). I don't recall seeing any other Apu appearances other than maybe in the Food Court. Surely there was one in the Quick E Mart, but I don't specifically recall one now that I think about it.

He definitely wouldn't be included in any new Simpsons attractions.

TwilightZone

Didn't the show's producer deny the rumors?
They didn't deny it, just said that the person did not speak for the show.
That wording could mean anything but I don't think they are getting rid of apu, he's too iconic and his leaving could even lead to a further jumping the shark that may get the show canned.

Maeryk

Thank the heavens they got rid of all of The Simpsons racial stereotypes. Willie, Chief Wiggum, Leon, and several other characters are gathering to send Apu off, and you won't BELIEVE the predictable hijinks a scotsman, a beat cop who looks like a pig, and a redneck get into!

lebeau

The answer to the problem of Apu is not to whitewash the show but to increase representation for characters of color. Apu is only problematic because he (and his family) are the only Indian characters on the show. Diversify Springfield and it won't be such an issue,

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
The answer to the problem of Apu is not to whitewash the show but to increase representation for characters of color. Apu is only problematic because he (and his family) are the only Indian characters on the show. Diversify Springfield and it won't be such an issue,

The 22 Short Films about Springfield Apu short apparently did...Showing that it does have a diverse community..

Last edited:

righttrack

Well they almost all are technically yellow, lol

lebeau

The 22 Short Films about Springfield Apu short apparently did...Showing that it does have a diverse community..

Yeah, but that's one episode out of I don't know how many! More of that please. (Also, it's a good episode.)

Well they almost all are technically yellow, lol

Well except a handful of minorities Carl, Dr. Hibbert, Officer Lou, Apu..

Walt Disney1955

When they officially announced he is off the Simpsons it made me realize just how PC and our society is, and the Simpsons of all things caving into it. Maybe in 2018 people don't realize just how unlikely the Simpsons that my generation knows would do something like this. They were the ultimate rebels in 1990. They never made any apologies and there were stereotypes all over the place on that show. In fact, the show was BUILT on that. It is what made it funny. Somewhere, someplace there is a character that is just like you on the Simpsons that is being stereotyped, and let's face it, stereotypes are funny. This is what comedy is about, not something to be taken so seriously.

I think more people would care if the show hadn't fallen off a cliff 15 years ago. The Simpsons was comedy gold for a decade but like all great shows it ends after that because the writing just can't continue to be constantly elite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom