Simple Transportation to Downtown Disney

mitchjs

Original Poster
Question...

I know from any resort, there is a Bus To Downtown Disney, and of course to each park...

is there a BUS from a PARK to Downtown Disney? or do i have to go back to resort 1st?
i just never noticed...

thanks
mitch

PhotoDave219

There are no buses that go from DTD to or from any Theme Park. DTD busses run only to and from resorts. This keeps people from getting free parking at DTD and then going to the parks.

Of course if you cant get around or pay for Disney Parking, should you really be going?

Figment82

To get from a park to DtD, you MUST take a bus to any Disney resort, then get a bus from that resort to DtD.

Reason being, parking is free at DtD and $11 at the parks, so people were cheating the system by parking at DtD all day and going to the parks instead. That area has limited parking as it is when it's just full of guests going to the stores, clubs and restaurants. A few bad apples ruined it for everyone, unfortunately.

brkgnews

Nothing directly from the parks, however there are some fairly simple alternatives...

From EPCOT, exit via international gateway and walk over to Boardwalk to grab a bus.

From AK, grab the bus to AK Lodge, which is just a few minutes away, then grab the bus to DD.

From MK, walk over to contemporary (just across the street) and catch the bus to DD.

From DHS, um... anybody got a quick suggestion?

mitchjs

Original Poster
hehe, i asked yes/no question and got tons of responses thanks guys, just love this forum! :) :) :)

i thought so... i got dinner plans at Planet Hollywood this sat... and i want to plan how much time i need to get there... i cant say what park ill be at, but i know ill go to the closest bus station (deluxe hotel) and head the that and then to DD
and of course calculating what part im in to what resort area

thanks!

mitch

jt04

Nothing directly from the parks, however there are some fairly simple alternatives...

From EPCOT, exit via international gateway and walk over to Boardwalk to grab a bus.

From AK, grab the bus to AK Lodge, which is just a few minutes away, then grab the bus to DD.

From MK, walk over to contemporary (just across the street) and catch the bus to DD.

TAXI

Question...

I know from any resort, there is a Bus To Downtown Disney, and of course to each park...

is there a BUS from a PARK to Downtown Disney? or do i have to go back to resort 1st?
i just never noticed...

thanks
mitch

You go to the parking lot, get in ur car, turn the key in the ignition, put your foot on the gas pedal and drive there.

reptar77

DHS....walk, bus, or boat to the boardwalk or Swan. Then take bus to DTD.

kc1296426

I find taking the bus to the nearest resort to DTD and then taking a bus to DTD from there. Or walk. It usually takes forever, I hate it! I took the buses from a park to DTD a few times to get mcdonald's and its a pain in the *** because it takes years. I wish they had a express bus to mcd's near blizzard beach. GRRR.

(and yeah, I was tempted to take a bus to blizzard beach then walking to that mcd's)

mitchjs

Original Poster
why are you going to McDonalds... cant you get your big mac where u live?
besides it isnt good food... how about a hamburger at ESPN on the boardwalk

:)

mitch

Hidden Simba

In the case of DHS, I usually take a bus right to Saratoga springs and walk to DTD. Sure, it's a bit of a hike, but it's a nice one. In fact, going to Saratoga Springs could be an option from any park, but I've always felt that the bus is less crowded from DHS.

wdwdude423

This might not be the quickest solution, but definitely convenient. You can take the boat to any of the Epcot Resorts and then board a bus there. The boat ride is about 15-20 min long but its a nice time to relax. :D

coasterphil

You could also take a bus to Caribbean Beach from DHS, as it's along the way to DTD so you're ride for resort to DTD will be very short. In reality though, when you have to depend on the variability of two different buses, how long you must wait for the resort bus at the park and how long it takes a DTD bus to show up at the resort, there is no perfect answer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom