Simple Challenge - Perfect Park Overhaul

Suchomimus

The youngest of Walt Disney World's park, Animal Kingdom is also the largest Disney park, home to some Disney's most gorgeous and detailed lands, lively creatures big and small, and has all the problems of a major theme park and a major zoo. That is why, I have decided to switch from MK and tackle the theme park aspect of Disney's wildest park.
Africa

• Kilimanjaro Safari has seen many changes in its years of operation. From removing Little Red's deceased mother before it officially opened to removing the subplot of Little Red and the poachers entirely in 2012, KS has all but lost an impactful story. So this remedy this; and to give it some pluses; I would have the Warden Wilson Little Red/Big Red storyline reinstated with an improved rough, speedy end and an abbreviated version of the poacher encounter. The Wild Africa Trek is removed entirely as it took away the immersion factor of the Safari tour. The man-made fences that can seen in the tour will be either removed, hidden or disguised. Up north, the flood canal is reshaped to look like a part of the Masai River and where the acclimatization paddock currently sits, large herds of elephants, antelope, giraffes, and other grazers can be seen in the distance. This allows for guests to . When the safari trucks turn Southward after this view of herds on the far riverbank, an even greater visual appears, a giant, snow-capped volcano - Mt. Kilimanjaro - and forms the distant backdrop to the Rhino paddock and Lion Kopjes:
    Mt%2BKilimanjaro.png
Asia

• In the place of Caravan Stage sits a large, abandoned temple being slowly reclaimed by the jungle. This is the home of The Jungle Book: Mowgli's Journey. A trackless dark ride retelling the 1967 classic; featuring nods to it the dark ride's predecessors. This will also be Disney World's version Pooh's Hunny Hunt, where the vehicles interact with the environment.
  • The Kali River Rapids will be removed as the attraction not only sits on a big expanse of land but is a downgrade of what could have been; Tiger River Rapids, which would have house live animals. The queue of the line will be reused as an extended part of Maharajah Jungle Trek and will house more animals from southern Asia; Indian elephants, orangutans, sloth bears, clouded leopards, etc.
  • Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain will finally be given the extensive overhaul it needs. Such changes include rockwork being added to the interior of the caverns, added mist and chill effects being added to the peak of the mountain, and most importantly; fixing the Disco Yeti!
South America

• This is one of two new lands that Animal Kingdom will get from the expansion. Set in the Amazon rainforest of Brazil, this new land is based around a riverside village where students from a local university have set-up camp to study the creatures and plant life of the rainforest as well as the negative effects of the logging companies that have been chopping down trees at an alarming rate. Thus the message of conservation is very strongly tied with the attractions in this area. The village is home to an open-air market, where guests can buy snacks, refreshments and souvenirs, as well as a couple of food trucks. Also here can be found the land's major shop; with South American themed merchandise; and major restaurant; where guests can have a beautiful view of the rainforest while they feast.
  • The nature trail here will be very lush and vibrant thanks to the vegetation and little rivers flowing past them and will be home to a variety of animals ranging from jaguars and tapirs to tree frogs and caimans.
  • This land will also be home to two attractions. The first of which is the replacement for KRR, a new river rapids attraction that combines elements from Tiger River Rapids with Kali River Rapids. The ride will be build up into two parts, one slower and showcasing wildlife and one faster and rougher where guests are confronted by lodging companies, are taken away by strong currents and whirlpools, soaked by waterfalls and even attacked by piranhas. The second attraction would be a suspended roller coaster that would make you feel as though you were zip-lining through the canopy of the rainforest. The coaster would not be heavy on thrills in terms of loops or drops, but riders would whip narrowly around trees, through caves, and past water falls. The experience would be more of a family coaster, along the lines of a Big Thunder Mountain in terms of thrills.
fc7b5724f8f1dffd682e98eddd3762a4.jpg

• The Wildlife Express is given an extensive refurb and rerouting. The backstage areas are hidden by dioramas; going from Africa to CS, guest can see the Nile River flow by as thirsty animals come to drink and of the Nile's more amphibious residents float by; Planet Watch station is closer to Conservation Station, and now the railway stops at South America and goes through Australia.
Australia

• The other new land, Australia is home to some of the most diverse animals and ecosystems found anywhere on the planet. Thus the area will be divided between The Outback and The Great Barrier Reef. The Outback is where the nature trail where guest can see Australia's native animals; kangaroos, emus, koala, Tasmanian devils, and the like, as well as a gift shop, TS restaurant, and QS restaurant; serving seafood since its proximity to the other subland. The Great Barrier Reef takes a note from Mermaid Lagoon by being indoors and giving you the illusion of being underwater. Here Finding Nemo: The Musical makes its new home in a coral alcove. Also here can be found a little play area, an underwater exhibit, and Crush's Coaster, from Walt Disney Studios Park, to fill in the void left by the removal of Dino-Rama.
The Dino Institute

• I don't think I need to tell you how low Dinoland U.S.A. is for Disney standards. So pretty much everything that is not part of Chester and Hester's stays to be part for The Dino Institute.
  • Restaurantosaurus will be remodeled to better fit the Dino Institute theme. Inside are murals and mosaics of dinosaurs and their contemporaries from various parts of the Mesozoic era.
  • Dinosaur will be renamed to Countdown to Extinction and will be given some needed improvements; such as enhancing the environment, touching up the queue, and returning the original soundtrack.
Countdown%2Bto%2BExtinction.jpg

• The final thing I want to talk about are the new rides. Replacing the Theater in the Wild is a new slow boat ride, similar to the Jungle Cruise, where guest can see some of the Dino Institute's rescued dinosaurs; such as Corythosaurus, Nasutoceratops, Ornithomimus, Guanlong, Diplodocus, Stegosaurus, Coelophysis, Plateosaurus, and Liliensternus. Over where Triceratops Spins used to be is now Pterosauria, a new flyer where guest can test out models of various pterosaurs to see how they fly. And where Primeval Whirl sits will become The Boneyard, where guests can board old mine carts as they race around the digsite.
After much debating and fussing about, I have finally decided to do Animal Kingdom instead. I wanted to finish Magic Kingdom, but I wasn’t satisfied with what I was coming up with and didn’t know quite what to do with some parts of it.

JokersWild

There is just something about the Car Park that destroy's the appeal of a park. I always wanted to design a parking garage that look and felt like a mountain entrance with parking in the cave. This would lead to the ultimate reveal as the you exit the darkness of the cave, past a small waterfall and see the resorts in front of you. Basically making it a magical/mythical reveal.
A bit late to the parking party, but a few years ago I was working on an idea for a blue sky EPCOT with the parking lot below the actual park. Guests would take elevators/ escalators/ speed ramps/ good old fashioned stairs up into the center of the park proper, which would be the entrance area/ hub.

I’ve also been playing with themed tunnels to separate the park from the parking lot, which is now sort of a reality with Volcano Bay at USO.

Point being that there are some Galway practical ways around having ugly parking lots directly in front of your park ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom