Signature Dining

wylde75

Original Poster
Ok so we get to have a Signature Dining on this trip and we have never done one before. We are thinking of doing one in Downtown Disney before heading to see La Nouba. We looked at Portabellas. Any other suggestions? We know that most of the Signature Dinning require a little more dress code compared to others so we know that we will have to go back to the resort and change clothes before heading out. Whats everyone think.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I really enjoyed Portobello, very good food and we had a wonderful server.

I really like Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge and Le Cellier, both are excellent choices as well.

GoochDSA

The only Signature in the DTD area I would suggest is The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck Cafe, but it isn't very high on our Signature list. What time La Nouba performance are you seeing? If you plan on seeing the 9:00 performance, I wouldn't plan to do a Signature that night. We usually expect to spend about 2 hours or so on Signature meals. This means you would have to get an ADR no later than 6:00, which means you have to be at the restaurant by about 5:45, which means you have to be at the bus stop no later than 5. And if you plan on having a Signature somewhere other than DTD, tack on an extra 30 minutes in travel time. Now if you add in the time it takes to shower/freshen up, well that doesn't leave a whole lot of time at the parks that day (you really would have to start heading back to your resort at about 3). If you are planning to see the 6:00 show, you can plan a Signature basically anywhere for anytime after 9.

Personally, I wouldn't do a Signature on a night we plan to see La Nouba. I would spread out the nicer parts of your trip, instead of doing them all in 1 night. I would make an ADR at either Raglan Road, Bongo's or Wolfgand Puck Cafe on a night where you see La Nouba and then save the Signature for a different night.

When it comes to Signatures, our favorites that take the dining plan are: Citricos (GF), Flying Fish (BWI), Artist Point (WL), Jiko (AKL), Bistro de Paris (EPCOT, not sure how it is since it started to take the dining plan). If you are not tied to a dining plan, I would also consider Shula's and bluezoo (both at the Dolphin).

wylde75

Original Poster
We have ADRs all the other nights of our trips. Honestly we didnt want to be hopping around all afternoon from dining to downtown. We have several nice resteraunts that we will be making reservations for but this is the only signature dining that we opted for. We also wanted to dress up a little for the Downtown Disney night. This night is our rest day so we will not be at parks all day then try to make rervations that afternoon. Just easier on us plus heard great things about Portabellos. Thanks for the input though.

DisneyDebNJ

Portobello is very good - but it's not a Sig. If you want a GOOD Sig? I would suggest Fulton's Crab House. Go with the Crab & Lobster plater :).

I have to agree with this. Not only are the seafood items very good, but even the steak choices aren't bad either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom