Signature Dining for Lunch

bigtotoro

Original Poster
Hello. We're going in December and are going with the Deluxe Dining. The plan is to use two credits for one signature dining experience per day. We're doing the V&A so one night is taken. We'll have one signature experience open for lunch. Thing is, there are not many signature dining places open for lunch (Brown Derby is the only one that comes to mind). Are there others?

Rob562

As far as I know, the Brown Derby is the only Signature restaurant that serves lunch. Because all of the others are located at the resorts, there just isn't a large need for them to be open for lunch.

So either you'll have to go with the Brown Derby, or use the credits separately for two regular table service meals.

-Rob

tdonald

Brown Derby is the only SD restaurant open for lunch, except for Cinderella's Royal Table, I think.

Artist Point is my all-time favorite restaurant, and Jiko is really great too. Both of those are worth visiting if you have Deluxe Dining

BTW, I'm pretty sure you can't use dining credits for V&A. It's so expensive they don't let you use the Dining Plan for it at all.

bigtotoro

Original Poster
Brown Derby is the only SD restaurant open for lunch, except for Cinderella's Royal Table, I think.

Artist Point is my all-time favorite restaurant, and Jiko is really great too. Both of those are worth visiting if you have Deluxe Dining

BTW, I'm pretty sure you can't use dining credits for V&A. It's so expensive they don't let you use the Dining Plan for it at all.

Right, which is why I will have extra credits to spend. I guess we'll do Brown Derby (which I really like) as lunch on the last day, then.

Phonedave

Right, which is why I will have extra credits to spend. I guess we'll do Brown Derby (which I really like) as lunch on the last day, then.

I have had lunch at the Brown Derby a number of times. I really like it for lunch. It's quiet, not too crowded, and the food is good. It does make for a nice break in the middle of the day.

However, if you are going to V&A's for dinner that night, make sure you leave enough time between the Brown Derby and V&A so that you are not too full. :)

-dave

Computer Magic

I have had lunch at the Brown Derby a number of times. I really like it for lunch. It's quiet, not too crowded, and the food is good. It does make for a nice break in the middle of the day.

However, if you are going to V&A's for dinner that night, make sure you leave enough time between the Brown Derby and V&A so that you are not too full. :)

-dave
I agree, Brown Derby might be a bit too muct if going to V&A. Plus there are better Sig Dining available. Brown Derby IMHO is only worth 1 TS. I would go elsewhere. :shrug:

bigtotoro

Original Poster
I agree, Brown Derby might be a bit too muct if going to V&A. Plus there are better Sig Dining available. Brown Derby IMHO is only worth 1 TS. I would go elsewhere. :shrug:
Right, but there is NOT a better signature option for lunch. And we were planning on a later seating (9:00-ish) for supper. We do not eat big breakfasts at Disney so we usually get to lunch around 11:30.

Phonedave

This whole TS credit thing is "out of my league" In all my trips to WDW I have never done the DDP.

I like the Brown Derby. But it's not a "must do". However it is a nice atmosphere, it's cool inside, on the dark side, an usualy not crowded (or at least not crowded feeling). The menu is a bit limited, but then I could eat the mussles every time I go :)

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom