signature brunch or breakfast

julia84

Original Poster
hi guys,
where at Disney World resort you can find a really good, rememberable brunch or breakfast? Like for example Palo brunch on cruise ships
any ideas?

Weather_Lady

It depends what you want to remember about it. Are you looking for great food, unique character interactions/setting, or a reasonable price? Unfortunately, there's no place we've visited that can give you more than one or two of these at the same time.

Anecdotally, my family's best brunch, in terms of food quality and service, was a late breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. However, although the setting is lovely, the Victorian theming is not particularly unique.

The best character/unique meals were breakfast at 'Ohana (we got to meet Lilo and Stitch, but the food was boring, cold, and pedestrian), and at Crystal Palace (we got to meet Winnie the Pooh characters: the buffet was very good, but the seating was so delayed and service so slow that we were there for over 2 hours).

The one that remains on our bucket list is Topolino's Terrace (a rooftop restaurant with great views) at the Riviera Resort, which we backed off on after they changed from an all-you-care-to-enjoy experience to a la carte for the same price just before our last visit, but might still try in a few years if the cost doesn't remain prohibitive -- the reviews I've read have remained glowing even after the menu change, both for the relaxed character interactions and superior food quality. If you're not staying at Riviera (or driving there), you can access it from the Skyliner from HS, the International Gateway at EPCOT, or the resorts on the Skyliner, which is a lovely attraction all by itself!

Last edited:

Lilofan

It depends what you want to remember about it. Are you looking for great food, unique character interactions/setting, or a reasonable price? Unfortunately, there's no place we've visited that can give you more than one or two of these at the same time.

Anecdotally, my family's best brunch, in terms of food quality and service, was a late breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. However, although the setting is lovely, the Victorian theming is not particularly unique.

The best character/unique meals were breakfast at 'Ohana (we got to meet Lilo and Stitch, but the food was boring, cold, and pedestrian), and at Crystal Palace (we got to meet Winnie the Pooh characters: the buffet was very good, but the seating was so delayed and service so slow that we were there for over 2 hours).

The one that remains on our bucket list is Topolino's Terrace (a rooftop restaurant with great views) at the Riviera Resort, which we backed off on after they changed from an all-you-care-to-enjoy experience to a la carte for the same price just before our last visit, but might still try in a few years if the cost isn't prohibitive -- the reviews I've read have remained glowing even after the menu change, both for the relaxed character interactions and superior food quality. If you're not staying at Riviera (or driving there), you can access it from the Skyliner from HS, the International Gateway at EPCOT, or the resorts on the Skyliner, which is a lovely attraction all by itself!
$45 for a breakfast plate per person at Topolinos is a no-go for our family.

christine7257

Depends on what kind of memorable you're looking for. For characters and good food, I'd recommend either the "Good morning with Goofy & pals" breakfast over at the Four Seasons (certain days only) or Topolino's Terrace. For purely delicious food and great service, I adore brunch at Wine Bar George in Disney Springs (weekends only). For good food and a fun atmosphere, brunch at Boathouse with dueling pianos or Raglan Road with live entertainment & Irish step dancers -- both at Disney Springs and weekends only. For a good any day of the week breakfast, check out Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club resort -- you select an entree and then have the option to add on a buffet of sides (pastries, yogurt & granola, fruits etc.).

Editing to add that I'm not sure any of these are very similar to Palo. There used to be a brunch at California Grill that might have been close but unfortunately that isn't currently offered.

Chi84

Premium Member
OP, I agree with other posters that you should further clarify what it is you are seeking. I could write quite a bit about Topolino's character breakfast, but if you are looking for something adult-oriented, that would be a waste of time.

Maybe give an example other than Palo's, which is an adult-only experience. There's nothing really close to that on Disney property. :)

Sans Souci

hi guys,
where at Disney World resort you can find a really good, rememberable brunch or breakfast? Like for example Palo brunch on cruise ships
any ideas?

I don't know if the Sunday Brunch at the California Grill ever re-opened, but I would say that is the closest thing you will get to Palo at WDW. It's like Palo where you order a la carte and then there is also a buffet area. The food is different, of course, but the formal is nearly identical.

OK, never mind, I see they discontinued the buffet at Palo (I haven't been on a cruise since 2019.), but I still recommend the Brunch at the California Grill (if it's open).

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't know if the Sunday Brunch at the California Grill ever re-opened, but I would say that is the closest thing you will get to Palo at WDW. It's like Palo where you order a la carte and then there is also a buffet area. The food is different, of course, but the formal is nearly identical.

OK, never mind, I see they discontinued the buffet at Palo (I haven't been on a cruise since 2019.), but I still recommend the Brunch at the California Grill (if it's open).
Cali Grill brunch never reopened. We had dinner there a few years ago and our server said he hadn’t heard of any plans to reopen it.

Sans Souci

Cali Grill brunch never reopened. We had dinner there a few years ago and our server said he hadn’t heard of any plans to reopen it.

Yeah, I had a feeling that was the case. It's too bad, I really enjoyed my meals there and it was seemed like it was popular.

NelleBelle

Another vote for Homecomin'! We sadly never could get reservations for our visit last fall but did the trip beforer that--so delicious!!

UNCgolf

The breakfast buffet at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is my favorite breakfast on property -- the food is good and it's an excuse to spend a little time at AKL, which is probably Disney's best resort.

That said, part of the reason it's my favorite is that I love breakfast food in general and I like being able to get some of everything instead of having to only get one or two specific things (and because it's actually a quality buffet instead of a cheap one).

I'm guessing Disney Springs has a couple of restaurants (like Homecomin' which has been mentioned several times) that offers something more upscale, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom